Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon, where are you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If wide-spread release is limited to 213 feet, it’s not usable, so why release it at all until it’s usable? Could be a need to throw meat, any meat to the angry FSD early adopters - even if said meat is rancid.
Smart Summon is not an FSD feature for early adopters. Even us EAP (enhanced autopilot) buyers will get it. Since it requires monitoring the car and its surroundings 213 feet seems reasonable. Even at that distance people may misuse it. It Doesn’t seem useful to me either but maybe people will find practical uses... I’ll definitely play with it.
Perhaps Stable Genius Summon with HW3 will not require supervision.

Last edited:
One wonders if anyone at Tesla is regretting the decision to separate AP from FSD from the purchaser point of view. Since all of the cars have the hardware (other than the new computer), the only reason to make not purchasing FSD optional is to lower the price point, and given the demand one wonders whether they would have sold as many cars anyway.

Offering features a la carte for different prices is an invitation for customers to openly second guess whether the feature in question was worth it. The angst, and its a legitimate angst, of a customer thinking that a certain feature was going to be available only for that feature to be delayed by six months would have been completely reduced or maybe eliminated completely. Sure, you would still have people waiting for software updates based on tweets and interviews but if the whole "hey, I paid extra for this, where is is?" argument would have ceased to exist.

Isn't it interesting how the following two statement are both accurate: "my Model 3 is amazing, you should see the automatic software updates you get!" and "arrrgh.....I can't believe Elon said advanced summon was coming a month ago!"

Both statements are describing a completely extraordinary car, both are true, yet they have completely opposite emotion.

In all car purchases, as you go up the ladder of expense, you pay for all sorts of additonal "stuff" which may or may not be worth it to you.

Personally, I find what the car is capable of now to be absolutely amazing, and worth every penny. But since there is also no doubt that FSD is not "FSD" yet you can understand a different response.

One wonders whether they have any true car salesman on the staff. The move is the entry level Model 3 as (1) range limited, (2) sound system limited, and (3) comes without FSD, period. Leave all other features, especially the internet and nav, the same. Its still a relatively expensive car. Also, add the damn floor mats. :)

All other cars in the range come with whatever level of FSD is available standard, plus all updates.

When FSD is complete, you could "surprise" all of the entry level owners with the opportunity to buy it.

But that's it. Anyone who has bought a car or three knows the game -- the entry level is "entry level" for a reason. The people who buy entry level wouldn't have any thing to gripe about, and the people who bought the move advanced models wouldn't feel they overpaid.

Last edited:
2019.32.2.12 is on the way

New Early Access Program version pushed out for testing.

EFCkS-0VUAEwa6n.jpeg

Posted on Twitter by Tesletter that "Enhanced Summon" is now "Smart Summon"

EFC1occVAAIJB_R.jpeg

Tesletter on Twitter

• Informative
Reactions: PaulJohn and jebinc
New Early Access Program version pushed out for testing.

View attachment 457685

Posted on Twitter by Tesletter that "Enhanced Summon" is now "Smart Summon"

View attachment 457684
Tesletter on Twitter
Informative. I noticed the range has been decreased from the first 2019.32.2.11 release... Not going in the right direction, or a ringing endorsement of functionality... Was 213’, now 200’. It’s not the absolute change, but rather the negative slope that is concerning to me.

Edit: Unlike 2.11, 2.12 doesn’t seem to be reported on Teslafi. I doubt they found and cracked down on all the violators, but did they?

Last edited:
Informative. I noticed the range has been decreased from the first 2019.32.2.11 release... Not going in the right direction, or a ringing endorsement of functionality... Was 213’, now 200’. It’s not the absolute change, but rather the negative slope that is concerning to me.

Edit: Unlike 2.11, 2.12 doesn’t seem to be reported on Teslafi. I doubt they found and cracked down on all the violators, but did they?

I actually would take that reduction in range as a sign of progress. (Unlike some other Tesla reductions in range... ;) )

Going from an odd 213 to a more commonly understandable 200 looks like the kind of polishing you’d do for a public release. It is not like the 13 makes much of a difference in this case and may not even reflect a real technical change (how accurate is the distance measurement anyway, maybe it is 213 underneath so that it is at least 200 in real world).

I actually would take that reduction in range as a sign of progress. (Unlike some other Tesla reductions in range... ;) )

Going from an odd 213 to a more commonly understandable 200 looks like the kind of polishing you’d do for a public release. It is not like the 13 makes much of a difference in this case and may not even reflect a real technical change (how accurate is the distance measurement anyway, maybe it is 213 underneath so that it is at least 200 in real world).

It’s basically ready to release now. Highly functional! :D

I guess this video has the Enhanced Summon, so Smart Summon - maybe that is the super-secret version?

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
I couldn’t watch the video, too painful.

But frankly: I can see Tesla considering that release worthy, I mean they released AP2 didn’t they...

They just need to stick to their guns and release it when or if it is truly great. It’s an inconsequential, extremely difficult feature, anyway (kind of like FSD...though that is arguably more consequential).

They just need to stick to their guns and release it when or if it is truly great. It’s an inconsequential, extremely difficult feature, anyway (kind of like FSD...though that is arguably more consequential).

Tesla probably feels under pressure to deliver EAP (with Enhanced Summon I think they could call it complete) and a portion of the 2019 FSD to recognize revenue from them and perhaps stave off some class-action attention.

I wouldn’t be too surprised if Enhanced Summon is out before the end of the quarter at least in the U.S. for everyone who bought either EAP or the 2019 FSD.