Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oy! What a f'n crazy couple of years it's been. It's hard to imagine things getting any crazier out there.

From what I gathered the Judge said Elon controlled the TLSA board (duh!) and he got whatever he wanted without the shareholders knowing details. Where it goes from here is a good question. There were enough questions about the dubious TSLA board even before all of this so hopefully that's corrected. Both his 2018 and new compensation packages should be more down to earth and transparent. Some wonder if Elon will get a margin call on his stock options and put a monkeywrench on the TWTR purchase and further lower TSLA's stock price.
That's exactly it. Good summary. They said that Elon wrote his package and basically had friends/family on the board with no pushback and that detail wasn't released to shareholders.

It can be fixed and I think it will be.

FSD transfer is back for Y/X/S.

FSD transfer is back for Y/X/S.
Are you sure it is FSD transfer since I just got this message about $1K off?

Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 2.25.40 PM.png

Are you sure it is FSD transfer since I just got this message about $1K off?

View attachment 1015230
I got that cCybertruck reservation holder email at the end of November. Looking back, I got an offer to transfer FSD to a new Tesla in mid September. So far, I don't have a follow-up or repeat email on either one.

It would make sense to me that the FSD transfer policy would quietly become the norm, despite Elon's "one time amnesty" introduction of it.

I got that cCybertruck reservation holder email at the end of November. Looking back, I got an offer to transfer FSD to a new Tesla in mid September. So far, I don't have a follow-up or repeat email on either one.

It would make sense to me that the FSD transfer policy would quietly become the norm, despite Elon's "one time amnesty" introduction of it.
That is a Text/iMessage that I got today (not email). No email as of now for me either.

• Informative
Reactions: JHCCAZ

I'll wait for Model 3 Performance. I fully expect they will maintain the FUSC and FSD transfer indefinitely, since obviously they need to retain customers, and there's not really any other way to do it. The actual portability of FUSC on Model 3 is a little unclear since it's a bit different than the FUSC on the other vehicles (not transferable, specifically). But in any case I'll just wait it out until it's portable. Should be a non-issue. They need to sell cars and keep brand loyalty since there are tons of great choices with NACS.

Reactions: JHCCAZ
I'll wait for Model 3 Performance. I fully expect they will maintain the FUSC and FSD transfer indefinitely, since obviously they need to retain customers, and there's not really any other way to do it. The actual portability of FUSC on Model 3 is a little unclear since it's a bit different than the FUSC on the other vehicles (not transferable, specifically). But in any case I'll just wait it out until it's portable. Should be a non-issue. They need to sell cars and keep brand loyalty since there are tons of great choices with NACS.
The current transfer offer appears to be only for Models S, X and Y and is to help shore up lower sales of these models. The new Model 3 and CT are likely seeing good sales since they're new.

Hopefully though, the FSD transfer offer will be made periodically. I'd love to take advantage of it when it's time to get a new car, but my FSD car isn't old enough yet.

The current transfer offer appears to be only for Models S, X and Y and is to help shore up lower sales of these models. The new Model 3 and CT are likely seeing good sales since they're new.

Hopefully though, the FSD transfer offer will be made periodically. I'd love to take advantage of it when it's time to get a new car, but my FSD car isn't old enough yet.
Yep. I fully expect it will be permanent soon enough. And applicable to all models of course.

I don’t imagine Model 3 is selling as well as Model Y, refreshed or not!

There’s no rush as I said - they need repeat customers - just have to wait for them to be desperate. Works the same for any new car purchase.

I’ll wait for HW5 AND Model 3 Performance, I guess. No urgency. It’s not like FSD is going to be flying off the shelves any time soon. Have quite a few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: rlsd
That is a Text/iMessage that I got today (not email). No email as of now for me either.
I checked - I received the FSD transfer SMS message this morning. Looking back on the same sender, I got the Cybertruck reservation-holder offer by text on Dec 9 and again Dec 23, but not yet in 2024.

I guess they have some customer-segment algorithms at work. So far they've avoided the syndrome of excessive push advertising like I get from so many other retailers and manufacturers.

I don’t imagine Model 3 is selling as well as Model Y, refreshed or not!
It's likely to be a matter of sales vs production capacity, not absolute sales. Being the biggest seller, the MY should have the largest production line and the most unique parts waiting to be used. Since M3 is brand new, it is likely seeing a surge of orders from current M3 owners who have been waiting for the new model to be released. Next quarter the surge may abate and the FSD transfer offer might include it.

And a new CT order won't deliver this quarter, or maybe even this year, so no need for incentives.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
And a new CT order won't deliver this quarter, or maybe even this year, so no need for incentives.
Yeah - no one really wants a CT anyway. Needs a refresh. At least for the pack at a minimum. Insane what people will buy, but is is well established that some people don’t care about insane depreciation.

So not worried about that. If I wait long enough I assume I’d get the transfer AND a much better truck with the revisions required to make it competitive.

Yeah - no one really wants a CT anyway. Needs a refresh. At least for the pack at a minimum. Insane what people will buy, but is is well established that some people don’t care about insane depreciation.

So not worried about that. If I wait long enough I assume I’d get the transfer AND a much better truck with the revisions required to make it competitive.
Yea 123kWh/300ish miles is FAR under the promise and only at best on par with other EV trucks. Even more (or equally) the 4680's needs a V3 major update. They have been and abysmal failure in reaching energy density and C rating. Even now the V2.x are below the 2170/1865 specs.

Reactions: DanCar