Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon driving cross-country

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So cool that Elon and family stayed at the Rocket Motel in Custer, SD! See the photo with the Classic 1950's Chevy out front!
photo.jpg

I hope they are track able. Our kids (not to mention their parents) would love to meet Elon and his family at our closest supercharger.

Could have caught him an hour ago, having breakfast at Our Place - in Custer South Dakota...looks like this is the real Route 66 cross country trip experience. I can only imagine if they released his itinerary the number of TMC fans (including me) hanging out at Superchargers coast to coast looking for a photo op, or just to say hi.

Could have caught him an hour ago, having breakfast at Our Place - in Custer South Dakota...looks like this is the real Route 66 cross country trip experience. I can only imagine if they released his itinerary the number of TMC fans (including me) hanging out at Superchargers coast to coast looking for a photo op, or just to say hi.

Which is why they are keeping it on the DL. Let the guy enjoy time with his sons.

Yup, he's on the way. There is an article up on insideevs.com:

Elon Musk Cross Country Tesla Model S Family Road Trip Now Underway

Jesus, 500 miles every day for six days. With five kids in the car.

I have driven more than 500 miles in a day maybe twice in my 22 years of driving. I would be so fed up after day two, even without kids. Maybe it is more fun in a Model S, I sure hope so for his sake.

Might be a cultural thing ... I think most everyone with a car in the US has done several significant road trips. Our limit is about 900 miles in a day. Longest I've done in one day in the S is 750 (twice).

:biggrin:

Like a boss: @elonmusk driving Model S down mountain in blizzard (with summer tires), rocket conf-call on loudspeaker and 5 kids in back...

I've never quite ridden in a car 500 miles in a day. My wife's back wouldn't take it. Most was 437 miles, St-Jean-Sur-Richelieu, QC to Niagara Falls, ON. Not a road trip, just driving to Niagara Falls, ON for a vacation. Although, that was in a Prius, not really known for comfy seats.