Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery estimate date move up? (Anyone expecting in August - Sept?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Endodoc, it is indeed a test of patience! I probably have a couple weeks longer wait than you (confirmed May 24th, on east coast) so am very much in the same boat. I have my routine of forums/videos/articles/forums that I follow most nights. I told myself I have to put it out of my mind for a few weeks until things start progressing but, hah hah yeah right, that's not happening.

Hey! I also confirmed on the same day. Nearly the same car as you except in black! AND I'm also from MA! My date initially went from July and now is at late August...so we'll get it right as it starts getting cold again...

Hey! I also confirmed on the same day. Nearly the same car as you except in black! AND I'm also from MA! My date initially went from July and now is at late August...so we'll get it right as it starts getting cold again...

Hey rav, nice to see another local here! :biggrin: Yeah, we still have a little ways to go, but if our cars arrive late August / early September at least we'll get some warm days before fall descends on us. Looking forward to hearing your delivery progress.

I ordered yesterday (yeah!) and my delivery seems to have gone from "Late September" to "September". However, I confirmed before my two weeks were over, so I don't know if this bumped me up.

As an engineer, I can tell you that "September" is code for "Late September", "Late September" is code for "Probably by October 1st", and "End of September" is code for "Middle October".

I was going to not worry about the delivery date until closer to the time, but due to this thread, I guess I'm not going to be able to stop myself from checking every day.

I ordered my S85 on May 23 and confirmed on the same day. Delivery is scheduled for September. No VIN assigned yet. I ordered mine with dual chargers. My Owner Advisor contacted me the following day to say hello and discuss my choice of options. (I ordered it completely online) He recommended that I NOT get the dual chargers. That surprised me a bit. He thought that I would not need them. I told him that I would not need them at home as I am going with a NEMA 14-50 and not the HPWC. But, I felt that there would be more and more high power chargers in the wild (not talking about Superchargers) that it would be nice to be able to charge quickly on the road. Now I am wondering if perhaps they are short of chargers. They can build two cars with one charger for every one car with dual chargers. I am wondering if that might explain the earlier delivery dates that I see mentioned for people that have ordered around that same time I did. Maybe they only ordered the single charger. Of course, different delivery dates could be attributed to other options and/or your location. I am in Jacksonville, FL. Looks like they are going to need a big truck to haul all of these Models S out east.

S85 on order. They changed Late-September to September. That deliver time is great. I have been waiting since 2011 Sig85 #113 that I had to cancel. Life is looking good from here. My 1st post.

@LineofSight - there has been thread after thread after thread on whether to get dual chargers or not. There was a great article on Teslarati about it if you want to read it. I have the HPWC in my house which means that I had to have a 100 amp installed AND GOT THE DUAL CHARGERS. TM gave me the name of a great installer. From my perspective looking to the future, as more BEV enter the marketplace, there will be more LV2 or better chargers that support dual charging. It is also comforting to me that I can recharge my car at home at 58 mph instead of the normal 20-30 depending on your outlet. PlugShare and other programs will show the locations of high powered chargers. And the dual chargers and HPWC gave my wife peace of mind from the dreaded disease of range anxiety.

My car will delivered in a week or so, and I transferred my funds to TM yesterday. Since this is your first posting, many people have opinions on every configuration, and I have discovered that nobody is wrong. You are building the car for you and will second guess every configuration. Just enjoy your Model S and realize that you are purchasing a special car. Dual charging is something that many (including many Owner's Advisors) say that you can live without. For my needs, I disagreed and am glad that I have it.

There is one owner that I spoke to that loaded out an S60 and got chastised on the boards for not getting an S85 and forego bells and whistles. When I heard the logic why the car was outfitted a particular way, the decision was crystal clear and made sense. The Tesla buying experience is not like purchasing any other car. It is custom made to order to your specifications and needs. With a normal car company, a sales manager decides on the configuration that will sell the most amount of cars quickly. In buying a Tesla, it is the complete opposite.

Please post a signature similar to mine. People like to know about the car that you purchased and will probably ask questions why you did what you did. There are no bad configurations except making a bad decision not to buy one.

Steve, Since this thread has to do with delivery dates I was not expressing an opinion on the merits of dual vs single charger as much as I was speculating on the possibility that maybe cars with a single charger were getting delivered sooner than cars with a dual charger. They can make two cars with a single charger for every one car made with dual chargers. The choice of dual or single is up to the owner depending on his budget and anticipated driving distances. I agree with you that I think there will be more high power chargers out in the wild in the future and I want to be ready.
And I have tried to enter a signature with my car specs but I cannot find a place to enter it in either Settings or Profile. I don't think the moderator has enabled the signature entry on my account yet. So I'll enter manually:

S85 Grey Grey Leather Tech Dual Chargers Smart Air Suspension Fog Lamps Pano Roof Parking Sensors Free Parcel Shelf 19" wheels NEMA 14-50
Ordered May 23, 2014, Confirmed May 23, 2014, ETA September 2014, No VIN yet

@LineofSight - there has been thread after thread after thread on whether to get dual chargers or not. There was a great article on Teslarati about it if you want to read it. I have the HPWC in my house which means that I had to have a 100 amp installed AND GOT THE DUAL CHARGERS. TM gave me the name of a great installer. From my perspective looking to the future, as more BEV enter the marketplace, there will be more LV2 or better chargers that support dual charging. It is also comforting to me that I can recharge my car at home at 58 mph instead of the normal 20-30 depending on your outlet. PlugShare and other programs will show the locations of high powered chargers. And the dual chargers and HPWC gave my wife peace of mind from the dreaded disease of range anxiety.

My car will delivered in a week or so, and I transferred my funds to TM yesterday. Since this is your first posting, many people have opinions on every configuration, and I have discovered that nobody is wrong. You are building the car for you and will second guess every configuration. Just enjoy your Model S and realize that you are purchasing a special car. Dual charging is something that many (including many Owner's Advisors) say that you can live without. For my needs, I disagreed and am glad that I have it.

There is one owner that I spoke to that loaded out an S60 and got chastised on the boards for not getting an S85 and forego bells and whistles. When I heard the logic why the car was outfitted a particular way, the decision was crystal clear and made sense. The Tesla buying experience is not like purchasing any other car. It is custom made to order to your specifications and needs. With a normal car company, a sales manager decides on the configuration that will sell the most amount of cars quickly. In buying a Tesla, it is the complete opposite.

Please post a signature similar to mine. People like to know about the car that you purchased and will probably ask questions why you did what you did. There are no bad configurations except making a bad decision not to buy one.

Steve,
What a great analogy of how the Tesla buying experience works. What's good for me isn't what's good for you. It's wonderful to have a great group to give you advice, but in the end, it's what you want out of the car and can afford that will be the determining factor. The most important thing is to sell the message to those ICE lovers who won't get it until they experience it themselves. We become the spokesperson for the company and the car we love. I look forward to joining the ranks in September.

Now to the question of delivery. We have listed a September delivery. When we ordered early June, it said late September. Does the dashboard normally update with time of month as well? We figured it only listed months, but from the thread, it seems that it will also indicate time of month. Our DS said mid-September delivery. No change to the dashboard as of today. And we figure she'll tell us if it's been moved up or back.

benemac - I ordered and confirmed May 3rd. I got lucky because had I confirmed a few days later, I would be into late July. The ghost of Nikola Tesla was watching out for me. Your DS is looking at screens and has a pretty good idea when your car will hit the production line. I saw people with higher VINs have their production start before mine, and in one case, a person's dashboard changed a week before delivery. It was driving me crazy. Then I realized that the dashboard screen must be controlled manually by the DS, and everyone does it their way. My Tesla dashboard completely changed yesterday after I signed the purchase agreement and transferred funds. Someone has to do this manually.

Just relax, learn as much about the car as possible, and know that the time will pass quickly.

My experience was very similar. Many people "highly recommended" that I drop several options to get the S85, in some cases everything except the tech package, which would have still been $2000 more than what I went with. Sometimes you need to check someone's opinion against their own situation and how it differs from your situation. For example, someone in a temperate climate that rarely drops below freezing in winter, suggested I drop the subzero package, so I saw no value in it since they probably don't understand what it's like to have a car regularly covered in ice. Ultimately, my request for opinions did more to solidify my choices than to change them. I felt kind of bad having asked for opinions and then shooting down most of them with walls of text explaining my reasons. The only thing I changed was to remove the dual chargers, thanks to the few suggestions that made sense for me. I'm finding that Model S configurations are kind of like food, everyone has their own tastes or dietary needs and there isn't much anyone else can do to change that, and it's usually harmful to pressure them to get something that they don't want or need.

To all of you awaiting delivery; try to think back to when you were around 6 years old and Christmas was around the corner. I started my profession at the age of 35 with no interruptions in schooling. At the most important interview of my life I was asked an unusual question. If I had an ice-cream Sunday with chocolate ice-cream covered in whipped cream with a cherry on top, which would I eat last? The ice-cream, the whipped cream, or the cherry? The right answer for all of you is the cherry. It is called delayed gratification. That is the definition of the great Tesla buying experience. I rest my case. The wait is well worth it.

To all of you awaiting delivery; try to think back to when you were around 6 years old and Christmas was around the corner. I started my profession at the age of 35 with no interruptions in schooling. At the most important interview of my life I was asked an unusual question. If I had an ice-cream Sunday with chocolate ice-cream covered in whipped cream with a cherry on top, which would I eat last? The ice-cream, the whipped cream, or the cherry? The right answer for all of you is the cherry. It is called delayed gratification. That is the definition of the great Tesla buying experience. I rest my case. The wait is well worth it.

Being a very impatient person, I didn't know how I would ever wait 2-3 months to take delivery of something I committed to buy. I am the type of person that doesn't' mind paying extra for buying in the store to get it when i want it rather than ordering on the internet for a cheaper price. However, the time has gone by pretty quickly. I am less than 24 hours away from taking delivery of my S60! I certainly don't envy those that are just starting their waiting period and have 4+ months to go…I am glad I pulled the trigger when I did. But, in the end, I bet it will all be worth it! Good luck and God speed!

I read every one of these postings, and the consensus is that we are thrilled and excited over the purchase. Tesla does not have a sales staff. TM has Owner's Advisors. The car sells itself, and the potential purchaser needs to know what works best for them. If I lived in Michigan like Pilot, then the subzero package is a no-brainer. When you live in Tennessee like me, then you have to think "is it necessary." And if you live in Tampa like sbronie, then why would you ever buy it. Yesterday, the Nashville Service Center had a soft opening so I went over to see the place. Since few customers were there (not knowing that it was open), I got to sit in the car, ask endless and I mean endless questions, and had a blast. The bottom line is that we are fairly early adopters of something special, and we should all relish the experience. In a couple of decades, we will be talking to our children or grandchildren and say "I owned a Model S" with the same Tesla grin that we will all have upon receiving the delivery of the car. The car will be revered with awe, and no one will care what bells or whistles were on the vehicle. If you are considering the car and can afford it, then buy it and not worry about the opinions of others about configuration. And if the price point is too far of a stretch, then bet on Elon Musk to bring out the Gen III. Either way, we are all part of the future. I am as excited getting a Model S as I was watching Alan Shepard launch in Freedom 7 or Neil Armstrong taking the first step on the moon.

I read every one of these postings, and the consensus is that we are thrilled and excited over the purchase. Tesla does not have a sales staff. TM has Owner's Advisors. The car sells itself, and the potential purchaser needs to know what works best for them. If I lived in Michigan like Pilot, then the subzero package is a no-brainer. When you live in Tennessee like me, then you have to think "is it necessary." And if you live in Tampa like sbronie, then why would you ever buy it. Yesterday, the Nashville Service Center had a soft opening so I went over to see the place. Since few customers were there (not knowing that it was open), I got to sit in the car, ask endless and I mean endless questions, and had a blast. The bottom line is that we are fairly early adopters of something special, and we should all relish the experience. In a couple of decades, we will be talking to our children or grandchildren and say "I owned a Model S" with the same Tesla grin that we will all have upon receiving the delivery of the car. The car will be revered with awe, and no one will care what bells or whistles were on the vehicle. If you are considering the car and can afford it, then buy it and not worry about the opinions of others about configuration. And if the price point is too far of a stretch, then bet on Elon Musk to bring out the Gen III. Either way, we are all part of the future. I am as excited getting a Model S as I was watching Alan Shepard launch in Freedom 7 or Neil Armstrong taking the first step on the moon.
Those of us that have had our Model S's delivered are mostly saying the same things. I could and should have done this earlier and this was probably one of the greatest investments I have ever made.
Steve1501 left out a very important point which he alludes to but does not say clearly enough. THIS CAR IS MADE IN THE USA just like the Apollo space craft and its very brave occupants. People will look back in ten or twenty years and see this revolutionary car and realize what a game changer it was. Just look at what is happening in New Jersey. Musk was again right in saying the public favor direct sales for all of the right reasons and some of the governmental bureaucrats are finally seeing the light. I, like Steve, am relishing this experience. I work with a lot of people that clearly cannot afford the Model S but I sense no jealousy, only curiosity and awe. Those of my friends that can afford one are licking their chops... Like Steve said, the car sells itself. I warn everyone that I have allowed to test drive it to just get their wallets ready.

@sbonie - Thank you for the assist. Today the major automobile manufacturers are courting and wooing Tesla for a uniform global EV platform. Elon Musk is proving that an American automaker is beating the Mercedes, BMW, Toyota, Nissan, and Honda of the world at that their own game with 1% of the resources and coming out the clear winner. Lee Greenwood sings it best when he says "I am proud to be an American." I would love to see Preston Tucker's reaction to the Model S looking down from heaven.

I ordered S85 on 5/27/14 in Marietta, GA and confirmed on 6/3/14. I got an email stating the delivery date on 9/10/14 to Nashville Service Center. I am looking forward to that date. No VIN # yet. I am looking for a qualified electrician in Murfreesboro/Nashville, TN to install the HPWC in my house in Murfreesboro.

I confirmed back in late May. When I first ordered, my estimated delivery said late September. As soon as I hit the "confirm" button, it changed to late August. My DS called me a few weeks ago and said I should expect delivery the first week of September.

We ordered around June 1st and confirmed on the third as well. We learned yesterday that our DS quit and we are getting a new one, but was assured that we'll get the car sometime the week of Labor Day week! Earlier than I expected. And we did get our VIN last week. Our new Ds is supposed to call us next week sometime. We can't wait!

We ordered around June 1st and confirmed on the third as well. We learned yesterday that our DS quit and we are getting a new one, but was assured that we'll get the car sometime the week of Labor Day week! Earlier than I expected. And we did get our VIN last week. Our new Ds is supposed to call us next week sometime. We can't wait!

benemac ~~~ you, romac and I are all going to be on the same transport to Scottsdale on the 5th. Who will be first :) 3 Whitehott 85's~~ David