Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Estimated Delivery moved Oct-Nov. What will they do with FSD Transfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed an order finally for a MSP to trade in my 2020 MSPerf. All paperwork done (loan, trade in etc...) but date now switched to October/Nov. Anyone think they will honor FSD Transfer beyond Sept delivery? I believe some people asked on X (twitter), just have not found that thread. Not sure I would pay another 12K for it if I could not transfer it. All my paperwork includes the transfer.

Thoughts?

J

Placed an order finally for a MSP to trade in my 2020 MSPerf. All paperwork done (loan, trade in etc...) but date now switched to October/Nov. Anyone think they will honor FSD Transfer beyond Sept delivery? I believe some people asked on X (twitter), just have not found that thread. Not sure I would pay another 12K for it if I could not transfer it. All my paperwork includes the transfer.

Thoughts?

J
Congrats! Ask the SA. Have it in writing. 😂 or pick one up in existing inventory?

Thoughts?

That Tesla has already clearly answered this question, on what their intentions are, on a web page dedicated to this process:

FSD Transfer.png

I'd go the inventory route (and potentially travel to another service center if they have the one you want). They sure seemed to say it was only for this quarter, and the paperwork said it needed to be done by September 30th, so I'd assume that's going to be adheared to. It's such a massive amount of money, I'd make sure you have procession of it on the 30th.

@jjrandorin I am aware of that page, it was also sent via email and I am aware of the terms. I ordered with the possibility of a September delivery date but now it has changed. There is nothing in inventory that meets my requirements (even being flexible on colors and the such). Let's see what happens. I may just need to keep my current car and wait for another opportunity (minus the $250).

@jjrandorin I am aware of that page, it was also sent via email and I am aware of the terms. I ordered with the possibility of a September delivery date but now it has changed. There is nothing in inventory that meets my requirements (even being flexible on colors and the such). Let's see what happens. I may just need to keep my current car and wait for another opportunity (minus the $250).

Ok,

Well, you asked for "Thoughts?" on what Tesla would do. I think you should "expect" them to do what they said they will do, which is not honor anything past September 30th, as they specifically called out an answer to the exact question you asked.

Now, whether they "should" or not is another thing entirely. I personally think that Tesla will use this as a demand lever whenever they want to, after seeing it be successful in spurring demand, so my belief is that this is not a 1 time thing.

I think its even possible that they under the table extend timeframe for some people, depending on when they ordered, and whether any delay issues were Teslas fault or the customers fault. I think they will do both of those things, but I dont "expect" it, I just think they might (but I wouldnt bet my own money on it).

Ok,

Well, you asked for "Thoughts?" on what Tesla would do. I think you should "expect" them to do what they said they will do, which is not honor anything past September 30th, as they specifically called out an answer to the exact question you asked.

Now, whether they "should" or not is another thing entirely. I personally think that Tesla will use this as a demand lever whenever they want to, after seeing it be successful in spurring demand, so my belief is that this is not a 1 time thing.

I think its even possible that they under the table extend timeframe for some people, depending on when they ordered, and whether any delay issues were Teslas fault or the customers fault. I think they will do both of those things, but I dont "expect" it, I just think they might (but I wouldnt bet my own money on it).
I agree with you on all fronts. I wish they would do a little more customer "loyalty" / "acquisition cost" analysis than what they do. I know it is not their model but one can only dream. Let's see what they come up with at the end. The purchase order and all cost information is "signed" which includes all of the FSD transfer but I am sure they have some clause that allows them to change it as needed. We shall see...Thanks for the comments.

Juan

I am almost 100% sure from their behavior that they won't do the FSD transfer after September but you should get it by then. The price decrease increased order volume for S significantly it seems.
@JJBTXModS what's your config?
Config is Plaid / Blue / Black / Steering wheel / FSD / 19"s. Current car is 2020 S Performance / Midnight/ Black/ 21" / FSD /FUS (non transferable). Love the 21" wheels but have had to replace 2 rims and multiple tires in the last 3 years. I drive about 26K miles per year. I also like the additional range of the 19's. I will miss the free supercharging.

Reactions: asterothe