Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 MYLR Inventory Vehicle Delivery Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Gongura

Nov 12, 2023
USA
We ordered a Model Y (LR) last Sunday (11/05/23). We were immediately assigned a VIN number since a vehicle matching our preferences is in the inventory. The original delivery date range was 11/19 - 11/28. Later, it changed to 11/15 - 11/24. We went to the showroom and an advisor there was able to ping the vehicle. It is still in Fremont.

However, from his account, he can see the estimated delivery date as a single date (11/18/23) as opposed to the range of dates being shown in my app.

Now, how reliable is this estimated delivery date? Has anyone here recently got an inventory vehicle delivered to them? If yes, can they shed some light on the accuracy of these delivery estimates.
FYI the delivery location is Fayetteville, GA.

We ordered a Model Y (LR) last Sunday (11/05/23). We were immediately assigned a VIN number since a vehicle matching our preferences is in the inventory. The original delivery date range was 11/19 - 11/28. Later, it changed to 11/15 - 11/24. We went to the showroom and an advisor there was able to ping the vehicle. It is still in Fremont.

However, from his account, he can see the estimated delivery date as a single date (11/18/23) as opposed to the range of dates being shown in my app.

Now, how reliable is this estimated delivery date? Has anyone here recently got an inventory vehicle delivered to them? If yes, can they shed some light on the accuracy of these delivery estimates.
FYI the delivery location is Fayetteville, GA.
My experience with one purchase, a MY this year, the Service Centers date is accurate.

In my case, I booked delivery based on the later date, it came in a week earlier and the SC had a s8it fit because I wouldn't come get it. I kept telling them I'd pick it on the scheduled date. They texted me 3 or 4 times says they were giving the VIN to someone else.

I kept texting back "Stay the course! I have a delivery date scheduled."

My wife was on business travel, but I never told them that.

Upvote 0
My experience with one purchase, a MY this year, the Service Centers date is accurate.

In my case, I booked delivery based on the later date, it came in a week earlier and the SC had a s8it fit because I wouldn't come get it. I kept telling them I'd pick it on the scheduled date. They texted me 3 or 4 times says they were giving the VIN to someone else.

I kept texting back "Stay the course! I have a delivery date scheduled."

My wife was on business travel, but I never told them that.
Thank you for sharing your experience! They did hold the vehicle for you, right? Or, did they just assign it to another buyer?

So what you are saying is that there is a good chance that the vehicle will be delivered by the date seen by the advisor at the showroom?

Upvote 0
Thank you for sharing your experience! They did hold the vehicle for you, right? Or, did they just assign it to another buyer?

So what you are saying is that there is a good chance that the vehicle will be delivered by the date seen by the advisor at the showroom?
Yes, they held the VIN.

As I said, the SC has the best date, but remember it takes a day or two or three to prep the car. In my case, they must have received a lot of cars on the same date. When I picked up mine, the lot was still packed with new cars parked on the street.

The delivery process was a well oiled machine. All my paper work was done, I walked in the door, got my key cards, got my free water bottle, free pins, free umbrella. Maybe 2 minutes max. While waiting for the guy to take us to the car the desk was empty so I helped myself to some more free pens. Full disclosure, we got a Tesla umbrella because it was raining, don’t think we were supposed to keep it. Oh well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We wanted a MYLR with 19" wheels, white seats, room for 5, and a tow hitch. Found one already in stock at one of the SC locations not too far from us, and bought it with a $3K discount off sticker because they offered it. Closing on the deal was very quick indeed. If you're not too fussy about exterior color, you can probably achieve the same result and maybe even get a discount on it - should you wish to do so.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
Upvote 0