Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dark morning in America - talk of Model S seems - frivolous

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the laugh this morning. :)

You talk about liberals judging others based on group characteristics (which I disagree with, but moving on). And in the same breath you judge anyone who says they're a liberal with sweeping statements about liberals. Do you not see the humor in that? (Rhetorical, of course. I know you don't.)

I'm a liberal. I own a gun. I believe we should have more common sense gun controls. I take personal responsibility. I pay taxes. I care about the environment, endangered species, clean water, and the right for women to make their own decisions about their bodies. I believe life is a team sport, not a competition & that we have a responsibility to help those that need help.

Everything you've said above about liberals doesn't apply to me. I'm not going to say all conservatives are judgmental or stupid. Because I don't talk about groups that way. And because I know some reasonable conservatives. A lot in fact.

It's 2017. Perception is what defines reality. What the public is being shown about liberals by the media pretty well aligns with my comment.

On the flip side of the coin is Conservatives, who are all bigoted white Christian males married to housewives chained to the stove. They all work for the Oil Industry and go hunting baby seals on the weekends.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I know you're not a liberal so per the posters question why don't you give us an example of a terrorist attack on U.S. soil by an individual from one of those 7 countries? Hint: you might have to go back a few decades to find one. ;)

The list was put together under the Obama admin. It's more about fixing our broken an ineffective vetting process.

PS: If we believe in the science of climate change, etc. Then we should also believe in the science that a fetus/baby is not a woman's body. Different DNA. That science has been settled. Not arguing the abortion issue - but rather the meaningless "my body, my choice" mantra.

Last edited:
The list was put together under the Obama admin. It's more about fixing our broken an ineffective vetting process.

PS: If we believe in the science of climate change, etc. Then we should also believe in the science that a fetus/baby is not a woman's body. Different DNA. That science has been settled. Not arguing the abortion issue - but rather the meaningless "my body, my choice" mantra.
I think the list was for American's traveling to those countries, not related to vetting.

As an outsider I really have a hard time to figure out why the people in the US are so afraid. You want to build a wall with Mexico to keep all latino's out. You are afraid of Muslims coming into the country. I mean the chances of being killed by a Muslim in a terrorist attack is negliable. Yet, the chances being killed by a toddler who found a loaded gun in a drawer is so much higher, and nobody talks about that. I understand that a law has been passesd that mentally ill people can buy a gun again, how insane is that? In the mean time everyone is talking about Muslims from certain countries and the wall with Mexico.
What happened to FDR's phrase: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.."

As an outsider I really have a hard time to figure out why the people in the US are so afraid. You want to build a wall with Mexico to keep all latino's out. You are afraid of Muslims coming into the country. I mean the chances of being killed by a Muslim in a terrorist attack is negliable. Yet, the chances being killed by a toddler who found a loaded gun in a drawer is so much higher, and nobody talks about that. I understand that a law has been passesd that mentally ill people can buy a gun again, how insane is that? In the mean time everyone is talking about Muslims from certain countries and the wall with Mexico.
What happened to FDR's phrase: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.."

We're pretty much afraid by default.

Black People
The Red Scare
The War on Drugs
Terrorism
Zombies - Although that might be world wide

There is an opposing argument that it's not fear, but profits. It turns out there is a lot of profit to be made in fear.