Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Come on down! You're the next contestant on The Autopilot-Release-Date Is Right...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yikes. Talk about optimism. ;)

On that note, it is a sad day. We have our first official not-winner (impossible to get 3rd place or better), FreeOfPge, who optimistically chose July 26, 2015. I was cheering for you, too, but it was not meant to be. :(

However! In appreciation for being the most optimistic even in the face of Elon-time, I've gone ahead and sent FreeOfPge a small consolation prize, a $10 Amazon.com gift card code, via PM. So, even though you're the first officially out, you're the first to officially win something too. :)

I'm personally hoping there is a grand prize winner soon. :)

I have been a little busy lately and just found this. Thanks again wk057! It is really awesome that you have put so much time into this - for all of us crazy knuckleheads.

Out:

NigelM
mspisars
bonnie
dsm363
TonyOrr
Sosius
gpetti

Max* counting down hours :)

Ouch ... The biggest advocates. Personally I'd rather Tesla lie, break contract, charge extra for retrofit, cheat, steal, break the law, lose money, or/AND piss EVERYBODY off, than to release something that kills people left and right or even more than a super safe driver. And I'm on Tesla's side, and want to see autopilot, AND I think they can do it right.

Oh, wait ... I'm wrong. The cantankerous discussion is supposed to be in the other thread. My bad. Let me exit this thread & meander over there ...

I just got an Email that I can test drive with the autopilot enabled on 8/27 here in Plano, TX.

Probably it just means the TACC portion of autopilot. Tesla won't allow anyone outside of the beta group see Firmware v7 and auto-steer until general release.

Yeah, I would definitely double check if they mean TACC or actual autopilot (v7). If it is the latter then I request you make a video. :)

I just got an Email that I can test drive with the autopilot enabled on 8/27 here in Plano, TX.

Probably it just means the TACC portion of autopilot. Tesla won't allow anyone outside of the beta group see Firmware v7 and auto-steer until general release.

Yes, unless I'm mistaken there was a "false-alarm" post over a test drive email just like this a few months ago.

I'm not suggesting you did anything wrong by posting, randy1077. The email you received probably made it sound like something worth sharing here. I'm just pretty sure it is the same email Tesla has been sending for months.

Thanks for sharing, though!

So far 16% of entries are confirmed not winning entries. :(

Quick question for you Jason, regarding 2nd and 3rd places.
In a situation where every single date is chosen by someone, isn't the game setup such as:

1st place = actual date of release
2nd place = day before date of release
3rd place = two days before date of release?

For example, if tomorrow (8/20) is the auto-steer release date, whoever chose that would be winner (1st place).
Then whoever chose today (8/19) get second place, and whoever chose yesterday (8/18) would get 3rd place?

I'm just asking because, according to your spreadsheet, everyone until AndyW2100 who chose yesterday (8/18) is considered as "Did not place 3rd or better".
Whereas if my thinking is correct, AndyW2100 could still get 3rd place if the release date is tomorrow - albeit highly unlikely.

Thanks again for setting up the contest!

We shall see. I scheduled a test drive. It has the Ludicrous mode of 2.8s mentioned so it's a recent build.
tesla.PNG