Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Model S CHAdeMO Adapter in the wild, charges ‘as fast as a supercharger’

Tesla Model S CHAdeMO Adapter in the wild, charges | Electrek

Not sure the "as fast as a Supercharger" claim holds up with the 65kW being around half of the W as a Tesla Supercharger but interesting to see one of these being used.

If the price was a little more reasonable, it would really help tie the country together.

Not sure the "as fast as a Supercharger" claim holds up with the 65kW being around half of the W as a Tesla Supercharger but interesting to see one of these being used.

If the price was a little more reasonable, it would really help tie the country together.
Certainly taking their time.
screenshot-2014-04-09-14-04-12.jpg

So release the darn thing! I know, "it's done when it's done", but I could really use this!

Going to have to charge with 18kW (3x26A @ 400V) again next week while I could have been charging with 46kW (370V @ 125A) at the same station.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the percentage of DC CHAdeMO chargers are that are NOT located at Nissan dealerships? I know many Nissan dealerships will let you charge for free, but I would still feel weird asking. I've seen these chargers in the wild in areas other than Nissan dealerships I just don't have any clue what the ratio is.. Anybody?

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the percentage of DC CHAdeMO chargers are that are NOT located at Nissan dealerships? I know many Nissan dealerships will let you charge for free, but I would still feel weird asking. I've seen these chargers in the wild in areas other than Nissan dealerships I just don't have any clue what the ratio is.. Anybody?
Seems like you have a US centric view. Outside of the US, lots. Countries like Japan and Estonia have nationwide Chademo networks.
In others, not nationwide but the majority are not at Nissan dealers.

I just took a quick browse through Plugshare. There are now 24 CHAdeMO sites in Arizona. 7 of them are at Nissan dealerships. There are a few others at other dealerships -- Ford and Toyota, although they are all Blink Network chargers... The rest are at grocery stores, a bookstore, gas stations, an apartment building, etc...

Edit -- all but 4 are in metro Phoenix. 2 are in Tucson. 2 are along I-17 between Phoenix and Tucson. Would be nice to see more along highways -- especially on non-Supercharger routes.

Last edited:
Tesla should be embarrassed for taking so long with their CHAdeMO adapter and other accessories (center console comes to mind). Yes, they are a startup with limited resources, blahdeyblahblah. Then stop promising things that you can't deliver. Stop charging people's credit cards for products that cannot yet be installed (center console comes to mind yet again). And maybe Tesla can direct some of that "reckless growth", according to Jerome, towards making accessories that owners have been promised for months. The only results I've seen are multiple deadlines missed.