Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Stores and Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, there are the superchargers in Grimsby, but considering just how highly trafficked the QEW from Niagara Falls to Toronto is, I'd wager we'll see something else somewhere between Burlington and Oakville before Model 3 launches. But then again daily commuters shouldn't have to worry about recharging the regular commutable distance.

Selfishly, I'd love to see them drop one half way up HWY 6 towards Owen Sound. Since I spend a great deal of time at my inlaws on the Bruce Peninsula. But I suppose at 200km, I probably won't need one considering how battery range options are increasing (though we'll have to see how much the roof mounted paddle board impacts the range!)

My only disappointment with the Oakville Showroom is that it dashes my hopes of one here in Hamilton- Oakville makes a lot more sense from the affluence of the surrounding area, but I'd half thought they'd see Hamilton a more central place to serve the whole Golden Horseshoe.

I agree it's probably the better overall location- and right in the mix with all the traditional dealerships, so they're likely to get more people out doing car hunting.

Do Tesla's Showrooms stay open on Sundays? It's always annoyed me that out of the two most likely days people have time to look for a car, dealerships are close one of them. Crazy.

I agree it's probably the better overall location- and right in the mix with all the traditional dealerships, so they're likely to get more people out doing car hunting.

Do Tesla's Showrooms stay open on Sundays? It's always annoyed me that out of the two most likely days people have time to look for a car, dealerships are close one of them. Crazy.

I'd think that as we get closer to the Model III release date, we'll see the store hours expanded to include Sunday sales.

Reactions: Forty Creek
It may seem out of the box, but a multi-shift crew working 24/7 would be one way to (even temporarily) increase service capability without the time or cost of building out additional Service Centre locations. I mean, if they can train people faster than they can build out the service network.

But yes, they will need more. With dealerships, there are usually several competing ones for any given automaker in an area. So each dealership deals with it's own customer base, until the dealership pisses the person off, then they might move their service somewhere else. Here, Tesla has (for now) take all this under their own wing.

Oakville also captures the Mississauga population which is pretty key. Having grown up in Mississauga and worked near the Lawrence store, the drive between the two is quite significant during the week but to Oakville it's not too bad.

Just drove by the store today to on the way to visit my folks. Pretty sure I spotted vehicle lifts in place as I drove by on the highway. I can't wait to pick up my Model 3 there. Oakville is great because it also helps capture the Halton Regions of Burlington, Hamilton, Dundas, and Ancaster. Being beside a major highway like that also gives visibility into the brand.

Here's a photo I took on Saturday night of the Tesla store from the back. Looking great! Parking lines are all painted which is a good sign that they're pretty much done on the outside.

Attachments

• 20170114_190401.jpg
    20170114_190401.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: Falkirk