Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks guys. Its a 3 phase circuit and socket. I will contact some sparky and see what they quote. Otherwise will stick to the mobile connector.

Other than 11kW charging, what else does the mobile connector add to the customisation and control of the charging of the car?

Yeah it’s penciled in for 11am tomorrow at FI. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Yep, that'll be the moment of truth.
If the draught drops significantly from 9.9m by 16:00, they're unloading. If not, there may be a problem...

Btw, I did some reading and it seems that the RoRo ships are not keen on shipping to Australia because so many have been denied entry for biosecurity reasons. It hasn't helped that a couple have been severely damaged by EV fires and one ship was hijacked in the Red Sea (Galaxy Leader). Insurance is becoming a nightmare - if you can get it.
I'm going ahead with this car because it's likely to be the cheapest they're going to be from here on in.
Shipping costs and insurance are starting to make electric cars more expensive in Oz. If in doubt, just look at the prices for the new Highlander M3 and the new Hyundai Kona Electric.

Last edited:
Is anyone getting details or an invoice for a delivery on a ship after the Paganella. I assume if you haven’t got an invoice and assignment by now it will be on a later ship.
My Est delivery is still Jan to Feb 2024 even though January is probably out of the equation now. I placed my order on 9/12/2023, MY RWD, Blue, 20inch and white interior.

Reactions: RichY3
Yep, that'll be the moment of truth.
If the draught drops significantly from 9.9m by 16:00, they're unloading. If not, there may be a problem...

Btw, I did some reading and it seems that the RoRo ships are not keen on shipping to Australia because so many have been denied entry for biosecurity reasons. It hasn't helped that a couple have been severely damaged by EV fires and one ship was hijacked in the Red Sea (Galaxy Leader). Insurance is becoming a nightmare - if you can get it.
I'm going ahead with this car because it's likely to be the cheapest they're going to be from here on in.
Shipping costs and insurance are starting to make electric cars more expensive in Oz. If in doubt, just look at the prices for the new Highlander M3 and the new Hyundai Kona Electric.
where do you check the draught?

1705283906961.png

Reactions: archerwin
Talking about the chargers.

I have got a 32 Amp circuit and a socket installed in anticipation. I have a mobile connector as well as a 32 Amp tail on the way.

What if I want to have the wall charger installed? Anyone ins Sydney who can advise me how much their electrician charge them?

Just tossing between a mobile connector with a 32 Amp tail versus getting the wall charger installed for home and keeping the mobile connector for charging if travelling somewhere..

Thanks
I have the same setup. The wall charger looks nicer but won't charge noticeably any faster than your 32A (limited by car). I would stick with what you have.

Reactions: DeXie
Though MC had been couple of days in Australian water, RAV still show nothing. How about yours guys?
RAV timing is inconsistent.
Cars that just arrived in Fremantle on the Marvelous Ace were registered in RAV while the cars were parked in Singapore.
The RAV site doesn't even show my 2021 car
Your car will have a compliance plate instead, which RAV started to replace with a 2 year transition period between July 2021 and July 2023.

Tesla started using RAV some time in 2022, and they had a recall where they had to remove the compliance plates on cars that were delivered with them and registered in RAV at the same time.

1705287376731.png

They removed the compliance statement:

1705287464287.png

Reactions: Tony Soprano
At the bottom of the ship's description on the above link.
It left Shanghai showing 9.9m. If it dropped (say) to 9.6m after docking, I'd expect that they are unloading.

I think we'll be ok. It looked like the ship only went to Shanghai (no Korean ports) and it seems they only loaded Teslas (happy to be corrected on that though).
If that's the case, I'd say Tesla were extra careful and made sure there'd be no dramas this time.

Last edited:
Is anyone getting details or an invoice for a delivery on a ship after the Paganella. I assume if you haven’t got an invoice and assignment by now it will be on a later ship.
My Est delivery is still Jan to Feb 2024 even though January is probably out of the equation now. I placed my order on 9/12/2023, MY RWD, Blue, 20inch and white interior.
My estimate is the same as yours- ordered 2nd December long range, white in Sydney. Still no vin or update to the expected delivery date

My estimate is the same as yours- ordered 2nd December long range, white in Sydney. Still no vin or update to the expected delivery date
Same. Ordered MY RWD/Blue/White/19s Dec 5 and nothing. Order page still says 'Prepare for delivery: Enter your contact details and payment information'. Mine is being paid for by lease and with a Trade-in that is still showing valuation in progress. I texted Tesla about it and they said the trade in valuation won't progress until a VIN is assigned.

Hi Everyone

I have to pay the stamp duty on the new invoice. I sent them $100 from my bank to ensure that I had the details right. Is there any way I can check on line the outstanding balance to see if they received or do I have to ring them?

Thanks
Regards
Robert

(Model Y RWD Ordered Sep 25 new Vin assigned PC36.. Build Date 28/12. New Invoice received and rego papers completed)