Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Smart is absolutely horrid. Do you have the ability to cancel and go to a different provider?

My rates are fixed since it's been settled but if it had not, the rates with Metro Finance would have increased according to my provider.
My options are
- smartleasing
- leaseplus
- Maxxia

In talks with leaseplus but rates are even higher.
My contract with maxxia is the same, tho now it has the extra $2500 for stamp duty
NL's I thought always paid stamp duty, we aren't entitled to the rebate if I'm correct

My options are
- smartleasing
- leaseplus
- Maxxia

In talks with leaseplus but rates are even higher.

NL's I thought always paid stamp duty, we aren't entitled to the rebate if I'm correct
I couldn’t see it in my lease agreement but I might have missed it in the numbers. My initial Tesla invoices had zero stamp duty.
Then an email from Tesla to advise the stamp duty exemption was changing to after delivery claim back and the stamp duty was added on to my Tesla invoices. Maxxia then sent me this email:

Due to the stamp duty rebate expiring with the close of 2023, your Tesla invoice has changed which this means we have to add the stamp duty as an upfront cost. This is due to the government no longer offering stamp duty rebates from 2024 onwards on electronic cars.

However, they will be honouring any orders that were placed in 2023 and this therefore means you will receive a full rebate as before but this will now be processed post settlement instead of upfront as was explained previously.

I have attached a link with further information on how to do this below:

Stamp duty exemption on electric vehicle purchases.

In order to complete the deal we now require the updated tax invoice showing the stamp duty being applied.

Can you please request this via the Tesla Portal and send to me via email to allow me to progress the application?

If you have any questions please come back to me via email so we can discuss further.

Thank you

So many different offers everywhere.

I was only eligible for the 3k rebate if I bought but not eligible if I leased. So I missed out on that rebate as I leased. But I was eligible for free stamp duty if I leased (which has now been added to my invoice and can be claimed back after delivery)

Reactions: RichY3
I can only speak for NSW but to clear up the different EV discounts:

- $3k rebate only applies if you purchase the vehicle and so those leasing miss out on this one. Most states have now discontinued this rebate.

- $0 stamp duty applied up until 1 Jan 2024 however NSW is honouring orders placed before that date with a full refund after the vehicle has been registered. For the GC people, our initial invoice has $0 stamp duty but Tesla has now reissued a new invoice with stamp duty. We must claim this back ourselves.

- Zero FBT still applies to Novated Leases.

Reactions: RichY3 and Bal P

- $3k rebate only applies if you purchase the vehicle and so those leasing miss out on this one. Most states have now discontinued this rebate.

- $0 stamp duty applied up until 1 Jan 2024 however NSW is honouring orders placed before that date with a full refund after the vehicle has been registered. For the GC people, our initial invoice has $0 stamp duty but Tesla has now reissued a new invoice with stamp duty. We must claim this back ourselves.

Does the leasing company pay out the SD, and then we pay them back after claiming? Or do we pay it up front and then claim back?

Reactions: RichY3
😂yes thanks for the reminder! The charger is still sitting idle, so all good. Will put a photo update once my Y is in the garage and charging… only three loops of the cable allowed👌🏽
I bought my charger a week after order in Early Sept, then I asked my electrician if he can help to install if I buy and EV without telling him I have ordered. earlier this month, he said 'Happy New Year! followed by questions, 'Did you end up buying an EV?' he may think I use someone else to install 😌 but i told him, I havent ordered the car, will call you again when i have the ev. So there is more people waiting for the car than just me, they want the install money too..

Talking about the chargers.

I have got a 32 Amp circuit and a socket installed in anticipation. I have a mobile connector as well as a 32 Amp tail on the way.

What if I want to have the wall charger installed? Anyone ins Sydney who can advise me how much their electrician charge them?

Just tossing between a mobile connector with a 32 Amp tail versus getting the wall charger installed for home and keeping the mobile connector for charging if travelling somewhere..

Thanks

Does the leasing company pay out the SD, and then we pay them back after claiming? Or do we pay it up front and then claim back?
If you're like me and the lease is settled, you have to pay yourself.

If the lease isn't settled, then I believe you can forward the invoice to your NL and they will pay for it upfront. You can then claim it back yourself and the money you pay back to the financer is tax free, so you end up with a small bonus.

Reactions: Bal P

This is correct.
Basically people who ordered RWD model Y were entitled to the SD exemption as it came under the $78k threshold, anything above that and you did not qualify.

I have got a 32 Amp circuit and a socket installed in anticipation. I have a mobile connector as well as a 32 Amp tail on the way.

What if I want to have the wall charger installed? Anyone ins Sydney who can advise me how much their electrician charge them?

Just tossing between a mobile connector with a 32 Amp tail versus getting the wall charger installed for home and keeping the mobile connector for charging if travelling somewhere..

Thanks
While I'm not in Sydney, I seriously doubt that you well get out of it for under $500 (and then the cost of the Wall Connector on top).

Thanks
I'm no electrician but the math should be that the 32 amp circuit on single phase will supply 7KW of power.

The Tesla wall connector on single phase will supply the exact same amount of power.

If you have 3-phase already in your house, you could possibly have it wired up for a total of 22KW of power but the Model Y only takes a total of 11KW of AC.

If this socket and circuit you have installed is a 3-phase then it will supply 11KW to your vehicle as long as your EVSE is rated for it.

Remember the wall connector is just an EVSE, AC charging is handled almost entirely by the vehicle itself.

My thoughts, no need to spend the extra on the Wall Connector if you already have the 32A socket and the tail.