Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Dronus, when did your ship dock? Just trying to gauge how long it takes to get the car to Adelaide….. assuming it’s now off the ship 🤫

It still took a good week snd a half from memory, id have to go back and look.

I would prefer if it went straight to Adelaide, but Adelaide port is not big enough for those big roro dinghies as I understand.

Port adelaide gets roro all the time dropping off Toyotas and the like, interesting to go for a drive and have a look from the road (or look at google maps satellite)

FA? It is not off the ship and won't be until Wednesday in the best case scenario. Then, as I understand, there will be biosecurity, who prefer your car to rot in port rather than release it. So I'm mentally preparing myself for June-July 2024.

It feels like an eternity now, but it wont be long.

Honestly it’s not the port or the roro operator. It’s our Department of Agriculture(DAFF). Melbourne Roro terminal is at full capacity because of the cars in quarantine that failed the DAFF bio security screening. Ships can’t unload if there are no spots to park all the cars.

If just 1/100 car fails the DAFF inspection, all the cars on that vessel gets quarantined. Then they get deep cleaned, and re-inspected before it’s released.

As of last Sunday nearly 5000 cars were taking up space because they had been quarantined. Out of 5000, 2000 were quarantined in that week. Annnnnd the cherry on top only 675 were cleaned and released in that week.

So yeah, regardless of what ship got here when, they can’t be unloaded until there’s space available

Sounds like a good business opportunity to get into!

Reactions: Tesl3on and Shillo
While we're on the topic of finance - another plug for the ol' ACT Government's Sustainable Household Scheme

$15k free loan for an EV purchase (and many other sustainable home solutions like chargers/batteries/solar panels) if you hold an ACT license and reside in the territory. Very quick and easy turnaround/process through Brighte (the provider).

Do your research to make sure it's right for you :cool:

I know, I also know they really like that "deep cleaning", because it costs a lot and on an already very clean car it is very hard to prove that no "deep cleaning" has been done.
I've been through it with a personal import from the UK. I know for sure they didn't do any "deep cleaning" (probably fortunately), but they charged me $900 for it.
Meanwhile, those ships produce tons of CO2 a day doing nothing. Department of agriculture ffs.
If you listen carefully on that customs show the vernacular paints a picture of concern more for potential financial losses to big business. I still dont kniw why people bring suitcases of food into the country though.. you can buy that stuff here..

Reactions: MacTessy
Now looking for an alternative brand, thinking BRAUMACH, TESLA NEW MODEL 3 RHD Floor Mats x 6 pcs 3D XPE Textured Waterproof Anti-Slip - 2023-2024 any thoughts?
I have the frunk and sub trunk mats from there.
The look to be good quality but as I am still waiting for our car (MY) to be unloaded in Melb and delivered, I have not been able to test them.

If the M3 comes with floor mats and you can wait, look at the HaloBlk mats when they are released.
I got them for the MY and they look really good (but are a bit pricey).

Reactions: dronus and Shillo
If you have that option then you should do it at any cost. Actually you should have gone with the other NL in the first place if they are competitive.

End of the day these guys are there to make money. NL who are self financed tend to provide better deals than many who are just middleman paper pushers. Why we don't mind? As long as we are not paying more than the actual cost of the car over the whole duration it is like getting a zero interest loan with no downpayment even though the NL companies will be charging much more pre-tax.

The thing that stopped me is their NL package comes with comprehensive insurance with GT Insurance. Underwritten by Allianz, but I’ve never heard of them. Their PDS was almost too good to be true with excess free windscreen, hire car and choice of repairer. All for $1600 a year. In hindsight, maybe it’s worth taking the risk with the unheard of company.

Sounds like a good business opportunity to get into!
Oh yes! Again, when I was doing that personal import, I was sent to somewhere, which looked like the dodgiest street in Melbourne with the dodgiest car workshop in Melbourne with illegally-looking people working in it, but there was a sign "Australian Government" and "quarantine" on it. This was the place where that $900 "deep cleaning" of my pockets presumably occurred.

I have the frunk and sub trunk mats from there.
The look to be good quality but as I am still waiting for our car (MY) to be unloaded in Melb and delivered, I have not been able to test them.

If the M3 comes with floor mats and you can wait, look at the HaloBlk mats when they are released.
I got them for the MY and they look really good (but are a bit pricey).

Ooohhh I like them 👍 no Highland ones available yet by the look of it but like you say, could be a future purchase when they are available

Reactions: Goneincognito
The thing that stopped me is their NL package comes with comprehensive insurance with GT Insurance. Underwritten by Allianz, but I’ve never heard of them. Their PDS was almost too good to be true with excess free windscreen, hire car and choice of repairer. All for $1600 a year. In hindsight, maybe it’s worth taking the risk with the unheard of company.
But their claims page even setup yet ☹️ but here’s to hoping you’d never have to even think about visiting that page 🍺

Reactions: HeyStevenMyBoy
Does the estimated range change in real time when you toggle between the two, or do you think thats more of a calculation on the fly type of deal?

Does the estimated range change in real time when you toggle between the two, or do you think thats more of a calculation on the fly type of deal?
I’ve been in Percentage mode, so I’m not sure. Plus driving like a moron and smoking fools at the traffic lights. So battery won’t be thrilled at me right now.

I still dont kniw why people bring suitcases of food into the country though.. you can buy that stuff here..
There is some fun in importing stuff in here :) I once imported about 2 kilos of French cheeses through NZ and Melbourne airport, declared it as I should in both places, and was very convincing in telling that all this cheese is for my 4-year old kid, who would be very sad if I didn't bring it.

Reactions: dronus
Not going to lie. I was all bravado, but I’ve had it 24 hours and I’m still in chill.
I’ve taken shackles off once, stained my underwear and back to chill 😆
I am also planning to chill it for some time. I have to admit I enjoy adrenaline rush to the extend like suffering from with drawal symptoms if I don't have it and is pretty good at being in control whether in 4-wheeler or dual-sport motorcycles. Still chill it is going to be :)