Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am also planning to chill it for some time. I have to admit I enjoy adrenaline rush to the extend like suffering from with drawal symptoms if I don't have it and is pretty good at being in control whether in 4-wheeler or dual-sport motorcycles. Still chill it is going to be :)
I drive in chill 98% of the time. I have the left scroll wheel set to change between the two. When I want/need it, I hold the wheel down and then scroll down. Job done.

Tinting advice for my current 3 was just to not wind them down unnecessarily for 48 hours.
Ignore the small amount of movement when opening door.
2 years and no issues.

I tinted side only.
Rear you really don’t notice and it still isn’t all the same colour as the already tinted bit gets darker if you do full piece in the rear.

I drive in standard all the time.
Takes about 10 minutes to get completely used to the power and adjust throttle input appropriately.
Only time I use chill is when I let my wife or the au pair drive it. They don’t like the normal mode. Too fast.

After two years of ownership my battery has degraded about 2% and has done 40,000km.

Best accessories were the boot liner and rear seat back protectors (I surf).
Also the sub boot “bucket” which I haven’t been able to find for the highland as yet.
Also very useful are the centre console organisers as the tunnel is super deep and annoying.

Never had need for an upgrade on the usb stick. Sentry on permanently and never missed anything important.

Keep tyres at 42psi cold.
Still on originals and looking great.
Ride quality at this pressure in the LR is perfect and much better than my prior cars (RS5 and C63s).

I use ChargeHQ with my Solaredge inverter and the wall connector. Basically charging for the feed in opportunity cost which is great.
I use a 32amp 5 pin three phase adapter when I’m away for work as there is an outlet there. Almost as quick.

Never used the lifting pucks.
Never installed the vent covers, upgraded led interior lights, they are still in my trunk.. so can’t comment on those.
Can’t think of any other useful info.

Looking forward to everyone getting their cars and the feedback on here!
It’s been a much more entertaining wait this time around. (Mainly thanks to dronus..)

Anyone have any other questions about ownership I can try help, just ask.

Tinting advice for my current 3 was just to not wind them down unnecessarily for 48 hours.
2 years and no issues.

I tinted side only.
Rear you really don’t notice and it still isn’t all the same colour as the already tinted bit gets darker if you do full piece in the rear.

Takes about 10 minutes to get completely used to the power and adjust throttle input appropriately.
Only time I use chill is when I let my wife or the au pair drive it. They don’t like the normal mode. Too fast.

After two years of ownership my battery has degraded about 2% and has done 40,000km.

Also the sub boot “bucket” which I haven’t been able to find for the highland as yet.
Also very useful are the centre console organisers as the tunnel is super deep and annoying.

Never had need for an upgrade on the usb stick. Sentry on permanently and never missed anything important.

Ride quality at this pressure in the LR is perfect and much better than my prior cars (RS5 and C63s).

I use ChargeHQ with my Solaredge inverter and the wall connector. Basically charging for the feed in opportunity cost which is great.
I use a 32amp 5 pin three phase adapter when I’m away for work as there is an outlet there. Almost as quick.

Never installed the vent covers, upgraded led interior lights, they are still in my trunk.. so can’t comment on those.

It’s been a much more entertaining wait this time around. (Mainly thanks to dronus..)

Useful stuff thanks 👍

2 years and no issues.

I tinted side only.

You mean, 3Phase 5 pin to single phase 3-pin socket adapter for a max 7.2kw charging or do you carry a real 3phase charger with you for a easy 11kw charging?

You mean, 3Phase 5 pin to single phase 3-pin socket adapter for a max 7.2kw charging or do you carry a real 3phase charger with you for a easy 11kw charging?
I have a 5 pin 3 phase socket in my shed which matches the 5 pin 3 phase UMC adapter. Only a single phase, Nuetral and Earth are connected.
You can then use that setup when travelling where there are other 5 pin 3 phase outlets.

Yes, of course you are only charging at 32A single phase.

Details over in the Adpaters thread

Reactions: jeevas123
2 years and no issues.

I tinted side only.

Awesome info, thanks!

As a first time EV owner im always stoked when people like yourself (and most on here) share their experience so we can all learn during this seemingly endless waiting-for-delivery stage :)

I have a 5 pin 3 phase socket in my shed which matches the 5 pin 3 phase UMC adapter. Only a single phase, Nuetral and Earth are connected.
You can then use that setup when travelling where there are other 5 pin 3 phase outlets.

Yes, of course you are only charging at 32A single phase.

Details over in the Adpaters thread
Understood. Another option is to just invest in a real 3rd party 3-phase charger itself and use it for everything so that in places where real 3-phase is available you will be able to charge at 11kw without breaking a sweat at just 16amps.

Reactions: dronus
Oh yes! Again, when I was doing that personal import, I was sent to somewhere, which looked like the dodgiest street in Melbourne with the dodgiest car workshop in Melbourne with illegally-looking people working in it, but there was a sign "Australian Government" and "quarantine" on it. This was the place where that $900 "deep cleaning" of my pockets presumably occurred.
Cleaned out your wallet nicely. Did you have to pay using itunes cards?

• Funny
Reactions: sishome
Understood. Another option is to just invest in a real 3rd party 3-phase charger itself and use it for everything so that in places where real 3-phase is available you will be able to charge at 11kw without breaking a sweat at just 16amps.
Can you use those chargers in a 10/15A socket too? Ie do they have different tails like the Tesla one?

Question, is it easier to navigate to the other threads using a Notebook or can it be done using the mobile app ? (if so how?) because I’m finding it pretty tricky finding my way around here using the mobile app
I found the mobile app ok if you are just looking at the one thread, and the alerts. I played around with the different themes and found one that wasnt as annoying as the others, but its still pretty annoying compared to the desktop version on a computer.
It is what it is. And it does jump around when someone posts while you are replying, sometimes taking you to some random thread because you just clicked on a linked thread while typing.

Source: ive posted once or twice so im probably a worse case scenario..

Reactions: Shillo and MacTessy

This is more true now that the UMC isn't included.
When I got my LR we got it included, so I simply bought an adapter exactly as Dronus described.
It is a 5 pin plug but only has 1 active. Charges at about 7kw.
I bought it from EVSE I think from memory.

However, now that you have to buy the UMC to charge, there are other options that are actually 3 phase.
Bearing in mind however, that the UMC is pretty much the best bang for buck available as you can pretty much charge anywhere with the included tails and the adapter mentioned above.

Reactions: dronus
Can you use those chargers in a 15A socket too? Ie do they have different tails like the Tesla one?
Yes, absolutely. You can just use the 5-pin to 3-pin adapter like Simohagz mentioned which connect the phase one, Neutral and Earth of the 5 pin socket to Line, Neutral and Earth of the 3-pin plug.

3-Phase wiring(5 conductors):
1. Phase-1
2. Phase-2
3. Phase-3
4. Neutral
5. Earth

Single-Phase wiring(3 conductors):
1. Line(any phase)
2. Neutral
3. Earth

Tesla connector (CCS2) got 5 main 3 phase wirings along the logic lines which provide signaling(pwm and charge connector detect) along with the 2 DC power lines at the bottom(Making it CCS combo - only used during DC fast charging)

In 5-pin to 3-pin adapter you are Just connecting Line,Neutral and Earth to Phase-1,Neutral and Earth as Tesla onboard AC charge circuit expects Single phase to come in Phase 1 only.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacTessy and dronus
This is more true now that the UMC isn't included.
When I got my LR we got it included, so I simply bought an adapter exactly as Dronus described.
It is a 5 pin plug but only has 1 active. Charges at about 7kw.
I bought it from EVSE I think from memory.

However, now that you have to buy the UMC to charge, there are other options that are actually 3 phase.
Bearing in mind however, that the UMC is pretty much the best bang for buck available as you can pretty much charge anywhere with the included tails and the adapter mentioned above.
how waterproof is the frunk? Are you confident enough to store charging cables in there or ar eyou better off putting them in the sub-trunk?
Im probably not going to need them very often so ill probably put them in the boot and save the space in the frunk for other random things. Not sure what yet, ive never transported things in the front of a car..