Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how waterproof is the frunk? Are you confident enough to store charging cables in there or ar eyou better off putting them in the sub-trunk?
Im probably not going to need them very often so ill probably put them in the boot and save the space in the frunk for other random things. Not sure what yet, ive never transported things in the front of a car..

In my experience, 100% waterproof.
I store the UMC in there permanently as I have a Wall Connector at home.

I also have used it for all sorts of bits and bobs over the last 2 years. Duffel bags, groceries, kids soccer balls.
Have not had 1 drop of water that I am aware of. I have a frunk liner with a raised lip to contain anything I might spill in there myself!

Also re: charging, I keep my daily charge at 70-80% depending on the upcoming weather and how free my electricity is going to be.

I charge it to 100% at least fortnightly as I do a 420km trip and I can make it quite easily if I leave at 100%, (even driving "at" the speed limit of 110km/h...)
As mentioned, 2-3% degradation over 2 years and 40,000km. I gave up trying to nanny the battery about 6 months in when it becomes apparent that normal use is pretty common sense and if you need the 100% charge then just do it. Just don't leave it sitting at 100% for days on end.

The best was a bit dirty and needed a foam bath.

IMG_1518.jpeg

IMG_1519.jpeg

thin cotton gloves in the wallet ??

Or if you are like dronus get the frunk auto closer motor from aliexpress :) ;)
:)
I was just looking at one of those!

It could be quite a useful mod... just need to wait until someone else does it first on a Highland so i know some wiring isnt slightly different that might cause a fire...

I was just looking at one of those!

It could be quite a useful mod... just need to wait until someone else does it first on a Highland so i know some wiring isnt slightly different that might cause a fire...
Yes if you are doing it then better to wait for a highland specific kit which does both open close as well as lock the latch properly for a fully hands free operation.

Ah my bad, it had disappeared from PlugShare but then resurfaced again last year. Last I was there, the Tesla logo was still in the car park but it must've gotten too popular. Good pickup!

Does CCCP have free charging? I thought there might've been a fee :)
The charging is free but the parking costs a bit. Basically you can get enough power to just about offset the parking cost.

Does the estimated range change in real time when you toggle between the two, or do you think thats more of a calculation on the fly type of deal?
The estimated range (the one you see if you have the battery meter in km rather than %) is just a straight conversion from the estimated battery remaining and a fixed consumption rate. It doesn't change based on chill mode or driving habits etcetera.

There's also an estimated range remaining in the energy screen, that's based just on using your consumption over the last 10km / 25km / 50km (depending on which you have selected to display) and extending that out based on what's remaining in the battery. Again chill mode won't change it.

I never bother with chill mode, if I want to accelerate less rapidly I'll press the go pedal a bit less.. in theory.

Reactions: jeevas123
The estimated range (the one you see if you have the battery meter in km rather than %) is just a straight conversion from the estimated battery remaining and a fixed consumption rate. It doesn't change based on chill mode or driving habits etcetera.

There's also an estimated range remaining in the energy screen, that's based just on using your consumption over the last 10km / 25km / 50km (depending on which you have selected to display) and extending that out based on what's remaining in the battery. Again chill mode won't change it.

I never bother with chill mode, if I want to accelerate less rapidly I'll press the go pedal a bit less.. in theory.
Haha i love it - it theory haha

Awesome information, thank you for explaining it.

Oh yes! Again, when I was doing that personal import, I was sent to somewhere, which looked like the dodgiest street in Melbourne with the dodgiest car workshop in Melbourne with illegally-looking people working in it, but there was a sign "Australian Government" and "quarantine" on it. This was the place where that $900 "deep cleaning" of my pockets presumably occurred.
At least you're not bitter, though.