Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
im not getting any of the roof/rear panels tinted, based on the feedback from the actual tinters who were recommended by Tesla not to do so. Only doing the sides
I too am taking this approach. I'll see how I go, we're almost on the tail end of summer anyway so I don't see it being much of an issue with the sun heating up the car too much. If it does get too much, well I can always add tint/a shade on later.

The tinting guy I'm speaking with told me he's done a lot of Tesla sunroof's without issue (with lifetime warranty on tint, not sure what this means for the glass though).

Reactions: dronus
I wondered about that also, and how it would blend in
A couple of tinters I’ve spoken to arnt keen apparently due to the increased risk of the glass cracking, although I’ve read plenty of reviews where people who have had it done have had no issues so I’m unsure what to do.
I’m initially not going to bother and see how much heat you get coming through the roof, I know UV won’t be a problem but I’ll wait until I drive it for a few weeks, see how it goes and then make a decision, should be a good test with the Adelaide weather!

A couple of tinters I’ve spoken to arnt keen apparently due to the increased risk of the glass cracking, although I’ve read plenty of reviews where people who have had it done have had no issues so I’m unsure what to do.
I’m initially not going to bother and see how much heat you get coming through the roof, I know UV won’t be a problem but I’ll wait until I drive it for a few weeks, see how it goes and then make a decision, should be a good test with the Adelaide weather!
From what I've seen, if you want the rear bit done, tinters tend to do the entire window so it blends in.. in turn making the tinted bit even darker and the non-tinted bit look tinted.. if that makes sense.

Reactions: dronus and Shillo
Let me know how you go, I’m very close to Lonsdale and would love to see it when it’s done, what day are you booked in?
Not booked in yet, i replied to their email yesterday letting them know its likely im picking the car up thursday so lets see what they come back with. Id like to get it done sooner rather than later.
Ill let you know (or keep an eye on the thread) and maybe if you are in the area you can check it out !

Reactions: Shillo
Not booked in yet, i replied to their email yesterday letting them know its likely im picking the car up thursday so lets see what they come back with. Id like to get it done sooner rather than later.
Ill let you know (or keep an eye on the thread) and maybe if you are in the area you can check it out !
Nice one thanks, good idea to get it all done ASAP, I live near Lonsdale but work in the Port but will definitely come check it out if I’m home when you get it done, cheers.

Ah my bad, it had disappeared from PlugShare but then resurfaced again last year. Last I was there, the Tesla logo was still in the car park but it must've gotten too popular. Good pickup!

Does CCCP have free charging? I thought there might've been a fee :)
The CCCP is only free for fellow comrades.
1706395472818.jpeg

Made the decision to return the mixed set of X Car mats I received on Thursday for a refund to Amazon, supplier won’t budge with my suggestion of keeping the textured mats and returning the smooth fronts for a partial refund, they reckon they are the new upgraded ones which is rubbish.
Just p***ed off I got to send the whole set back
Now looking for an alternative brand, thinking BRAUMACH, TESLA NEW MODEL 3 RHD Floor Mats x 6 pcs 3D XPE Textured Waterproof Anti-Slip - 2023-2024 any thoughts?

If anyone knows of custom dash inserts for Highland, I assume you would haha.

hey said similar about the non highlsnd dash too but all ive seen is stick on strips

RPM Tesla make replaceable dash inserts for pre-Highland Model 3 and Model Y - and they give you a partial refund if you return your old inserts for them to rewrap for the next customer.

It might take them a while to start doing the same for Highland.

Reactions: MBau and dronus
I feel as though I get a better response from the manual writers than from Tesla sales.

View attachment 1012833
(reply from advising the steering wheel description was wrong in the AU manual)
It is correct if you look at the pdf version which can be downloaded.

Attachments

• Tesla_Model3_2024-Owners_Manual.pdf
    8.3 MB · Views: 31
Last edited: