Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Acc to Vessel Finder

The vessel (Paganella) is en route to the port of Melbourne, Australia, sailing at a speed of 18.3 knots and expected to arrive there on Apr 30, 23:00.

If on time and all goes well with docking etc, expecting to receive a message from Tesla within 48-72 hrs to book a slot for delivery.
I think it will take minimum 10 days after docking

We booked in my wife name and she is currently out of country and will be landing 02-May, hope SMS comes after 2nd as it is linked to my wife number

Just grabbed my tesla, the gps is not updating from port kembla. Anyone else had this issue? I drove back to work using phone voice nav, but hopefully tonight this is resolved.
1000021383.jpg

I think it will take minimum 10 days after docking

We booked in my wife name and she is currently out of country and will be landing 02-May, hope SMS comes after 2nd as it is linked to my wife number
Should be ok I think. Given it's arriving tonight and then a few days to do formalities and unload cars. So dont think we'll hear anything before 2nd or 3rd. I guess once you get the notif to book a slot you still have like 7 days.

Reactions: Gavarse
Why tesla giving vessel details on which the ordered car is there?

Answer from Copilot :)

1. Transparency: Tesla aims to keep its customers informed about the status of their orders. By providing vessel details, customers can track the journey of their vehicle from the factory to the delivery location.
  2. Order Tracking: Once a vehicle is attached to an order (identified by a VIN number), it’s possible to track the car’s journey. Some services can tell you exactly what ship the car is on and provide an estimated delivery date.
  3. Delivery Timing: Tesla operates on a quarterly business model, aiming to deliver as many cars as possible within the same quarter they are produced. Providing shipping details helps customers understand when they might expect their vehicle.
  4. Customer Engagement: The process of tracking a new car’s journey can be exciting for customers. It allows them to feel more involved in the process and builds anticipation for the delivery.
Remember, the exact process can vary, and not all customers may receive a hidden VIN or specific call details. Once the car arrives in the country, it generally takes 2.5 to 3.5 weeks for the cars to be delivered, provided there are no significant issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: allblackm3
Why tesla giving vessel details on which the ordered car is there?

Answer from Copilot :)

1. Transparency: Tesla aims to keep its customers informed about the status of their orders. By providing vessel details, customers can track the journey of their vehicle from the factory to the delivery location.
  2. Order Tracking: Once a vehicle is attached to an order (identified by a VIN number), it’s possible to track the car’s journey. Some services can tell you exactly what ship the car is on and provide an estimated delivery date.
  3. Delivery Timing: Tesla operates on a quarterly business model, aiming to deliver as many cars as possible within the same quarter they are produced. Providing shipping details helps customers understand when they might expect their vehicle.
  4. Customer Engagement: The process of tracking a new car’s journey can be exciting for customers. It allows them to feel more involved in the process and builds anticipation for the delivery.
Remember, the exact process can vary, and not all customers may receive a hidden VIN or specific call details. Once the car arrives in the country, it generally takes 2.5 to 3.5 weeks for the cars to be delivered, provided there are no significant issues.
Cool, AI is with us, and its a probably a better response than you would have gotten from a Tesla rep