Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something must have changed or maybe different NL companies do things differently. 🤷
Mine was quite firm on me ordering the car and paying the order fee. When my invoice total changed after the price went up they just changed the totals to the exact amount and paid it in full. Tesla then refunded me the $400 directly. The $400 wasn’t part of the cost of the car, it is a refundable deposit on top of the purchase price and they kept that separate so it doesn’t affect tax etc.
I guess if you are contributing the 89c it just means that your taxable value of the car is 89c less than the purchase price.
Not sure how that works but I guess we will find out :)
400$ is part of cost of the car. Pls check the rego form. 400$ is included as part of dutiable value of the car while registration.

Just a tid bit of information. regarding the 89 cent increase in the updated invoice from Tesla. My NL company said I could just pay that myself at the same time they pay the previously invoiced amount. Tesla just called me as a general check up, and I decided to ask about this (me paying 89 cents, and the Lease company paying the rest of the amount). The guy said I wouldn't even need to pay that, as the Lease companies always pay the whole amount (including the $400 order fee), so I would just be refunded $399.11 instead of the full order fee.

Worth noting for anyone else that doesn't want to have to update and re-sign all the lease docs just for a few cents.
Got a call from my NL, finance company wants to reissue all the documents for 10c. NL company recommended same as yours but finance does not want to do it

Got a call from my NL, finance company wants to reissue all the documents for 10c. NL company recommended same as yours but finance does not want to do it
It really doesn't seem beyond the bounds of what's possible in contract drafting to create an agreement where the final value can be varied by up to, say, $100 without needing to be reissued and signed - just a notification issued of the final settled value.

For it to be a "genuine lease" the $400 order fee has to be included in the cost base that is used in all the tax calculations and in particular the residual value. That's why the lease company has to pay it.
Maybe I’m special.
I paid the $400 out of my bank account when I ordered the car online and Tesla refunded me $400 into that same bank account 2 weeks after I received the car, it didn’t touch the NL company at all.

The NL just paid the purchase price of the car plus rego, delivery, window tint etc.

The Tesla SA said that’s how it works, and so did my NL company. I’ll try and dig up the documents.

Maybe I’m special.
I paid the $400 out of my bank account when I ordered the car online and Tesla refunded me $400 into that same bank account 2 weeks after I received the car, it didn’t touch the NL company at all.

The NL just paid the purchase price of the car plus rego, delivery, window tint etc.

The Tesla SA said that’s how it works, and so did my NL company. I’ll try and dig up the documents.
No thanks. I don't even want to read my own documents, let alone yours :p

Maybe I’m special.

Tesla only refunded you because the lease company paid an amount that included that $400.

Those who purchase the car without a lease don't get the $400 back. It's non-refundable.

Editable link here

Right - finally fixed it, I no longer need to approve access. Don’t worry about messing up formatting, I’ll clean it up as I go.

@meloccom Hi legend, do you have the ability to pin posts within threads? It so easily gets buried.
All good if not I’ll keep sharing it around.

Last edited:
Myself I’m having one of my occasional a bit fed up with the waiting days, especially as May marches further in without an EDD update - as I’ve stated regularly, 4-5 weeks from Shanghai to Fremantle generally, pending other stops on the way. We’re already at June 20ish for a best case delivery window - as far as I can see that is looking like Paganella (June 18) unless Morten Grove is correct about Grand Pace and it will be coming here.

I tell ya, BYD’s Sea Lion 7 looks nice. If it was an option here now I’d be considering it.

I feel ya! I'm also really hoping to see some numbers in my EDD instead of just months but looking at your spreadsheet today I do see that there are a fair few of us that have the same May - June range and I'm guessing there are a lot more out there too so surely we can't be far off. I mean, I reckon we could fill a ship just with cars to WA, surely? After those price drops I reckon the orders jumped so our ship must be in soon :)

I feel ya! I'm also really hoping to see some numbers in my EDD instead of just months but looking at your spreadsheet today I do see that there are a fair few of us that have the same May - June range and I'm guessing there are a lot more out there too so surely we can't be far off. I mean, I reckon we could fill a ship just with cars to WA, surely? After those price drops I reckon the orders jumped so our ship must be in soon :)
I find it quite interesting that no one with an LR or above seemed to get a look in for the morning crystal drop

Realistically it can’t be far away, but my annoyance is Tesla staff know nothing when pressed and either guessing or outright lying by overselling their knowledge - that’s where the frustration stems from

Reactions: laurenj94
I find it quite interesting that no one with an LR or above seemed to get a look in for the morning crystal drop

Realistically it can’t be far away, but my annoyance is Tesla staff know nothing when pressed and either guessing or outright lying by overselling their knowledge - that’s where the frustration stems from
Yeah, I don't think they know much at all in terms of delivery times unfortunately 😕 they probably get notified the same time as us when it's on the ship.

As an update from my order change - just going through the process now. Have my invoice and now NL company is poised waiting for a delivery date.
As a point of frustration, our only car broke down last night... So currently carless...
So in the space of 3 months, our number of cars will go from 2 to 1 to zero to 1 to 2 (assuming I can afford the repair job).

Maybe put it in your signature/footer so it's there everytime you comment... Guaranteed to be on each page 😉
That’s a superb idea, on ya Rug.
As an update from my order change - just going through the process now. Have my invoice and now NL company is poised waiting for a delivery date.
As a point of frustration, our only car broke down last night... So currently carless...
So in the space of 3 months, our number of cars will go from 2 to 1 to zero to 1 to 2 (assuming I can afford the repair job).
So to confirm, the deep blue metallic order change stuck and the VIN you had appear is for the blue, not the QS?