Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not making any promises or guarantees here….

However….
Maybe…

Grand Pace is on the way to Melbourne. It’s come direct from Shanghai. It has previously carried Tesla vehicles. It’s due in Melbourne in 11 days. The timeline of @TheRug80’s super hidden VIN fits very nicely. The only missing element is it no proof it’s coming here yet; but it’s just too far out.

This could be the missing piece of the puzzle.

An update on my order change:
I received my registration documents this morning and it does look like they will be delivering the Blue to us, despite the Tesla rep and my charging app showing the Quicksilver.
Note: the charging app shows Quicksilver colour but with the VIN of the Blue...

I received my 86 cent price adjustment... my NL company just said I can transfer the 86 cents myself on the same day they pay Tesla. The other choice is to re-sign all the docs, which I don't want to do, so i'm onboard with this.

Tesla keep moving the delivery window forward by 1 day at a time. I'm not sure they understand how a time window works :p.
May 10 - May 31
May 11 - Jun 01
May 12 - Jun 02

I guess if they keep this up they can look like they're going above and beyond when they deliver my car on the 1st day of the time window.

I received my 86 cent price adjustment... my NL company just said I can transfer the 86 cents myself on the same day they pay Tesla. The other choice is to re-sign all the docs, which I don't want to do, so i'm onboard with this.

Tesla keep moving the delivery window forward by 1 day at a time. I'm not sure they understand how a time window works :p.
May 10 - May 31
May 11 - Jun 01
May 12 - Jun 02

I guess if they keep this up they can look like they're going above and beyond when they deliver my car on the 1st day of the time window.
I don't know how would that work of paying 86c as other NL company do not like paying anything directly to telsa other than booking fees, but maybe that's not the case
If u had received email regarding your car has arrived in Australia between may 8th - May 10th - your realistic edd would be may 18- june8. The final date is generally 1 month away from the time u receive email that car is in Australia.

Just a tid bit of information. regarding the 89 cent increase in the updated invoice from Tesla. My NL company said I could just pay that myself at the same time they pay the previously invoiced amount. Tesla just called me as a general check up, and I decided to ask about this (me paying 89 cents, and the Lease company paying the rest of the amount). The guy said I wouldn't even need to pay that, as the Lease companies always pay the whole amount (including the $400 order fee), so I would just be refunded $399.11 instead of the full order fee.

Worth noting for anyone else that doesn't want to have to update and re-sign all the lease docs just for a few cents.

• Helpful
Reactions: TheRug80 and Sturty
Just a tid bit of information. regarding the 89 cent increase in the updated invoice from Tesla. My NL company said I could just pay that myself at the same time they pay the previously invoiced amount. Tesla just called me as a general check up, and I decided to ask about this (me paying 89 cents, and the Lease company paying the rest of the amount). The guy said I wouldn't even need to pay that, as the Lease companies always pay the whole amount (including the $400 order fee), so I would just be refunded $399.11 instead of the full order fee.

Worth noting for anyone else that doesn't want to have to update and re-sign all the lease docs just for a few cents.
Thanks my leasing company told the same

The guy said I wouldn't even need to pay that, as the Lease companies always pay the whole amount (including the $400 order fee), so I would just be refunded $399.11 instead of the full order fee.
why would the NL company pay the $400 deposit when you have already paid it and it is on your invoice as such? That doesn’t sound right.
I’d be getting everything in writing.

why would the NL company pay the $400 deposit when you have already paid it and it is on your invoice as such? That doesn’t sound right.
I’d be getting everything in writing.
It's all above board and confirmed. The $400 order fee is part of the cost of the car, and as such is paid by the lease company so I can get the tax break on it. I guess I could volunteer to lose $150 or so to tax, but I'd rather spend that on a pube duster and 3 boot hooks.

It's all above board and confirmed. The $400 order fee is part of the cost of the car, and as such is paid by the lease company so I can get the tax break on it. I guess I could volunteer to lose $150 or so to tax, but I'd rather spend that on a pube duster and 3 boot hooks.
Something must have changed or maybe different NL companies do things differently. 🤷
Mine was quite firm on me ordering the car and paying the order fee. When my invoice total changed after the price went up they just changed the totals to the exact amount and paid it in full. Tesla then refunded me the $400 directly. The $400 wasn’t part of the cost of the car, it is a refundable deposit on top of the purchase price and they kept that separate so it doesn’t affect tax etc.
I guess if you are contributing the 89c it just means that your taxable value of the car is 89c less than the purchase price.
Not sure how that works but I guess we will find out :)

For it to be a "genuine lease" the $400 order fee has to be included in the cost base that is used in all the tax calculations and in particular the residual value. That's why the lease company has to pay it.