Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks. Just learnt from Tesla that the reason I haven't seen a final invoice yet is my trade in request is holding things up. 😔

So now I need to make a decision, and one tonight. Do I go with the 10k offer from Tesla, or cross my fingers and trust that CarSales will honour their instant quote that's 4k higher?

Anyone dealt with CarSales before where they have not gone with the instant offer? As in, could they find some reason to come back and offer me less than what Tesla are?

Reactions: dronus
ok, so I am sure this has been asked before but, I have an EDD May 11th to June 1st. Car is on ship Panagella which from what I can see docks into Adelaide on the 27th April. What is the usual wait from ship docking to delivery? I will be in Melbourne then maybe Port Macquarie all the way up to either 19th May or 26th May. Can I advise Tesla that I prefer a later delivery date. Or am I worrying for nothing based on when the ship docks

I'm picking up my car this Friday 19 April in Adelaide, the ship arrived at Pt Adelaide 20 March, so almost a month from docking to delivery.

Reactions: Wagits
Hey folks. Just learnt from Tesla that the reason I haven't seen a final invoice yet is my trade in request is holding things up. 😔

So now I need to make a decision, and one tonight. Do I go with the 10k offer from Tesla, or cross my fingers and trust that CarSales will honour their instant quote that's 4k higher?

Anyone dealt with CarSales before where they have not gone with the instant offer? As in, could they find some reason to come back and offer me less than what Tesla are?
BTRProducer.,Did you try reaching out to SGFleet? Takes roughly 2 days. They have a trade advantage program which i believe is open to people who dont have a lease with them. You might end up getting a better offer. Tesla offered me $16000 for 2018 qahsqai (build 2017). Carsales offered 18400. SGFleet came back and offered 20000 and we finally settled on 21000. I guess in my case as I was getting another lease they might have been flexible however no harm in checking. Hope it works out for you.

***Just read that you need to make decision tonight so i guess SG is out of the equation***

BTRProducer.,Did you try reaching out to SGFleet? Takes roughly 2 days. They have a trade advantage program which i believe is open to people who dont have a lease with them. You might end up getting a better offer. Tesla offered me $16000 for 2018 qahsqai (build 2017). Carsales offered 18400. SGFleet came back and offered 20000 and we finally settled on 21000. I guess in my case as I was getting another lease they might have been flexible however no harm in checking. Hope it works out for you.

***Just read that you need to make decision tonight so i guess SG is out of the equation***
Thanks for that information. I will look into it.

I'm thinking I will reject the Tesla trade in and go with someone else. Which means SG Fleet could be a contender.

Reactions: allblackm3

I sold a car through Manheim's sellmycar.com.au a few years ago and they honoured their online offer straight up. They offered the same for my current car as carsales did when I got quotes last week. I suspect that so long as you are up front with any damage/issues that their initial online quote is fine, they only need it for the person who claims the car is fine but actually is a s#!tbox.

Also got the your car is in Australia message this afternoon.

Reactions: BTRProducer
I sold a car through Manheim's sellmycar.com.au a few years ago and they honoured their online offer straight up. They offered the same for my current car as carsales did when I got quotes last week. I suspect that so long as you are up front with any damage/issues that their initial online quote is fine, they only need it for the person who claims the car is fine but actually is a s#!tbox.

Yep. Have rejected my Tesla trade in offer, and suddenly everything came to life. Got my vehicle rego document. And the entire look of the order screen has changed. So clearly I was holding things up. 😔

My plan now is to go through the various instant car offer sites, start with highest offer first, and see how I go. 😊

Did you get your SMS today about our M3H being on Brissie soil?

Either way it’s unlikely you’ll be worse off - $4k is a big haircut on a $14000 total.

Let the Tesla quote go. No good.

Reactions: BTRProducer

Yeah, Sellmycar were better. Offered me 19600 but agreed what sgfleet offered couldn't be matched as they need to make money too. Didn't want to go the private sale route so negotiated with SG and they agreed and I don't even consider myself to be a good negotiator. But yeah the 2nd best offer came from sellmycar people.

• Informative
Reactions: mcv75
So my leasing company allows me to add exterior, interior protection and ceramic window tint to my lease. They go through Motor One. The exterior protection is a graphene (which is what I use on my current cars). Product is called ECO+. Prices as follows, has anyone added and had applied to their vehicle.
Tint RRP is $597 but after GST and FBT discount only $327~

Exterior Paint Protection $1090ex gst $700~ after FBT savings

Interior Protection $809ex gst $550~ after FBT savings

So my leasing company allows me to add exterior, interior protection and ceramic window tint to my lease. They go through Motor One. The exterior protection is a graphene (which is what I use on my current cars). Product is called ECO+. Prices as follows, has anyone added and had applied to their vehicle.
Tint RRP is $597 but after GST and FBT discount only $327~

Exterior Paint Protection $1090ex gst $700~ after FBT savings

Interior Protection $809ex gst $550~ after FBT savings
I have had previous cars coated with OptiCoat Pro and GTechniq Crystal Serum. Both have worked well in stopping dirt/duct from sticking - being easy to clean, adding a bit of depth of gloss and stopping micro sctratches, but they don't protect against big scratches, shopping trolleys and car doors.... In my experience, the prep work is the most important part.

My NL provider also uses MotorOne, and in the name of science I'm going with their product which is Hydro G9+. I suspect that as MotorOne operate several brands they have different product names for the same products. In any case, online reviews seem to be mostly positive. Where negative it seems that the issue is factory clear coat failure.

Will report back first impressions once completed.

Reactions: Wagits