Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any tips on detailing a Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla sent us a cleaning kit last year with glass cleaner, car shampoo, detail spray, application pads, and microfiber towels. The cleaning and detail products had Tesla labels on them but all of them turned out to be relabeled Adams products (Adams Polishes). We tried Griots and Zaino but decided we liked the Adams products more.

When we recently had our annual service and we noted they were using Adams detailing spray in the shop.

For wax, we have been using the Meguire's Ultimate Quick Wax - it's spray on, easy to use, lasts a long time, and looks real nice.

If you clay bar the car (to get tree sap off) try to stay away from the star shield edges.

You might be surprised... I used to have a white car, and it showed the dirt less.

Use a California Car Duster http://calcarduster.com/originalDuster.asp to touch up your car between washes. It won't fix you up after driving through rain and mud, but if the car gets a bit dirty and dusty you can spiff it right up. I got mine at Canadian Tire... I'm sure they're equally easily found in the USA.

I have one of these brushes and they are phenomenal. Mine is over 12 years old, and it still works great. Very gentle, and sucks up the dust. Highly Recommend!

That and Meguiar's auto soap, helps preserve wax coatings, while cleaning gently.

If you get paint scuffs/scratches from other cars, things that are "on" your paint, you can use Eagle-One's "Nevr-Dull" polishing wad. Just pull off a small amount of wad and gently hand buff out scratches. Also works great on road tar and in my case road paint from striping.

Teg, in the teamspeed.com link you provided, there are a series of pictures from the detail effort, including a shot of a sticker on the PEM / battery of the car. My question for anybody who knows - are any of those numbers a serial number, or otherwise unique to that car?

I ask because my 'new' Jet Black 2.5 Sport is an exact match to all the info on that sticker, and I started off thinking that the two sure to look an awful lot alike (with the difference that I don't (yet) know how to pull out that mirror finish they got).

Thanks

http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/det...n/46359-2010-tesla-roadster-sport-detail.html

IMG_5662.jpg

IMG_5671.jpg