Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washing Tips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not a car detail person but I just got a new 2023 model S and I do want it to keep it clean and looking nice. Usually I just go to a self wash car wash and rinse it down with water and soap.

Can anyone recommend any easy to use products that I can incorporate during my wash to keep the car looking clean and shiny? I don't want to get too crazy and end up taking 5 hours and 20 products each time I wash it. Just something simple anyone has found that works well?

I’ve been using this on my plane since 2004, I use it on my Tesla too.

I spray it on the car, I then spray some water with a pump up yard sprayer. Wipe it off, no rinse, works great!

IMG_0903.jpeg

Good one stop shop
Manuf has it all
They sell on Amazon
Their Education video

Good thing about Griot is you can decide rhe level to do
Good enough clean and ceramic
All they up to pro level

Good luck

Reactions: BulldogsRus
I'm not a car detail person but I just got a new 2023 model S and I do want it to keep it clean and looking nice. Usually I just go to a self wash car wash and rinse it down with water and soap.

Can anyone recommend any easy to use products that I can incorporate during my wash to keep the car looking clean and shiny? I don't want to get too crazy and end up taking 5 hours and 20 products each time I wash it. Just something simple anyone has found that works well?

Congrats on picking up an awesome vehicle!

Apologies in advance for not directly addressing your questions, but even world class level of detail work won't matter if your paint is chipped. Tesla paint, especially the refreshed Model S with its wide body, is particularly susceptible to chipping paint. I ppf'ed my entire 2023 Model S Plaid from new. I'd start there first.

Gl

I’m not a handy guy at all but I washed, clay bar, and applied Adam’s ceramic coat and it makes washing and keeping the car clean a lot easier.

If you don’t want to do that hard work, you can pay somebody to do it. I think it’s worth it.

Reactions: Pricedm
I spray my car down at the $3 carwash before going across town. By the time I get there it's almost dry. A wash cloth in each hand does the rest in less than a minute. Sometimes the sun will try to dry it too fast so I stop in the shade to finish it. Soap is optional.

I’ve been using this on my plane since 2004, I use it on my Tesla too.

I spray it on the car, I then spray some water with a pump up yard sprayer. Wipe it off, no rinse, works great!

View attachment 960935

Yep, I've been using this since 2019 as well. I don't even spray the car with water. I just spray the product on the car and use a damp microfiber to wipe most of it off, then dry with a second non-damp towel. This is great to do in the garage in all seasons.

Reactions: BulldogsRus