Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome delete Trunk Lid: Any issues w/automatic car washes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I have a 2017 MS that has chrome on certain parts of it. I can live with most of the chrome but the trunk lid chrome annoys me

I found this on Amazon. From the SlickMod team

I'm curious IF I went thru an automatic car wash would the chrome delete stay on or would the automatic car wash be too rough on the installed chrome delete and make it peel off or something?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks for your help

Maybe consider replacing it? I bought a 2021 rear appliqué in gloss black from Tesla for only $120.

IMG_0496.jpeg

Reactions: Kohan
Hi MikloVL,

I have an odd request.

I have a 2017 MS and tried to get a black applique from Tesla. They said it only comes in chrome.
I shared with them that I saw a black applique on a 2018 MS.
They said their system only shows chrome available. I'm sure a 2018 applique will fit a 2017 MS.

They asked me to ask you for the part # of your black applique

Any chance you still have the part # of the black applique from when you got the part from Tesla?

Thank you in advance

1026649-00-F this part belongs to a 2021. It’s not listed for you because they’re probably looking at parts based on your vin#. They may not want to order it for you but just try and convince them, if not then go to a different service center.