Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation for Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC Car Converter for model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car config: 2022 dec Model Y , Dual motor, 7 seater Long Range.

Hi please forgive if this has been discussed before but any recommendations on what kind of power inverters for DC12V to 110V AC is recommended for Tesla model Y. I bought this one : Amazon.com from amazon and it turns on shows signs to working but when I plugin a baby's milk bottle warmer it just beeps and warmer doesn't turn ON. I know its not Tesla but any recommendations which are known to work better with tesla. ? and is it generally recommended. I also tried this one : Amazon.com with same outcome.

power inverters for DC12V to 110V AC is recommended for Tesla model Y. I bought this one : Amazon.com from amazon and it turns on shows signs to working but when I plugin a baby's milk bottle warmer it just beeps and warmer doesn't turn ON.
I am thinking the problem there might be if it's one of the newer cars that has the 16V system instead of 12V. A lot of car inverters aren't built to be able to use voltage that high. I can't remember if a 2022 car had the newer 16V battery or not.

But anyway, there have been several threads about this, with people trying to find brands and models of car inverters that ARE made to handle higher voltage levels, and there are some.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin