Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Made a mistake: Need help removing Touchless car wash residue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so made the mistake of heading to my touchless car wash and selecting the best wash. After the wash, I was drying the car and it became evident as a part of the wash, a residue was left on the paint from either soap or a surface rinse off wax. I have never had anything like this happen. I have been trying to remove it from the car without success using a ton of elbow grease. My car has PPF, so not damaging the paint, but man, I have spent 30 minutes on the hood with a little progress but still an issue.

Besides going back in time to not use this wash, I am at a loss as to what I can use to remove it.

Was looking at CarPro Eraser or something like it.

Anyone have any suggestions? And never use the top level wash with paint protection at a car wash is not helpful. I know that now, and realize the error in my process. I usually hand wash, but I had surgery a week ago and have been a bit gimpy (making the 30 minutes already spent with elbow grease an different issue).

Any help is appreciated.

Ok, so made the mistake of heading to my touchless car wash and selecting the best wash. After the wash, I was drying the car and it became evident as a part of the wash, a residue was left on the paint from either soap or a surface rinse off wax. I have never had anything like this happen. I have been trying to remove it from the car without success using a ton of elbow grease. My car has PPF, so not damaging the paint, but man, I have spent 30 minutes on the hood with a little progress but still an issue.

Besides going back in time to not use this wash, I am at a loss as to what I can use to remove it.

Was looking at CarPro Eraser or something like it.

Anyone have any suggestions? And never use the top level wash with paint protection at a car wash is not helpful. I know that now, and realize the error in my process. I usually hand wash, but I had surgery a week ago and have been a bit gimpy (making the 30 minutes already spent with elbow grease an different issue).

Any help is appreciated.
What option did you use at the Car wash? Did it include waxing?

If the car wash isn't far away, what about getting them to fix it?

Can you share pictures as to what it looks like now?

Is it like a rainbow sheen, or looks like hard water spots on the PPF?
Its like a smear across the top. When I finish wiping on it you can see where I lift the rag off of the ppf. Pictures are not coming out for me, but almost looks like someone took grease and wiped it. I am going to try some dawn ultra on it tomorrow.

Last edited: