Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About time to unveil the D and something else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found this picture on Marketwatch looks like we going to have autonomous driving.
Here’s what Tesla’s ‘D’ may look like - MarketWatch

MW-CV930_tsla_s_20141008120415_MG.jpg

Tesla's hype for the 6.0 firmware, the long drawn out anticipation buildup and then letdown once it was released, was a good lesson. That experience has appropriately calibrated my expectations (though clearly not many others') for tomorrow's D event.

Other than Elons tweet what other stuff has tesla done to create hype for this event?
I think the hype has just been internally generated on these forums. Especially with the "leaked" photos.
If I'm wrong and tesla had been promoting the event like crazy, then yes they better deliver.

Other than Elons tweet what other stuff has tesla done to create hype for this event?
I think the hype has just been internally generated on these forums. Especially with the "leaked" photos.
If I'm wrong and tesla had been promoting the event like crazy, then yes they better deliver.

Tesla has sent out invites to the press to attend a press conference at the event. This means whatever they show tomorrow they want a lot of people to know.

Has this been displayed before (from the Model X page)? I haven't seen it.

Notice the much smaller motor on the front axle? Looks to be about 1/3 the size of the main motor, which confirms my suspicion that they're going with a much smaller motor for traction and handling over added performance.

I'd have to assume the Model S-D has the same configuration.

Also appears that there is no second inverter.

Yes this is the same picture (see below) that I took a screen shot of back in April 2014 so it is nothing new.
front awd motor2.PNG

"One of the things is already there,"

Oh, please oh please be either Valet Mode or Chrome Browser!

Already there? Sounds like the "under your nose" announcement from 1.5 years ago.... I'm guessing this is the driver assist hardware/features that's already there... So, AWD Model S and driver assist... I'm not getting my hopes up for anything more exciting. AWD is already exciting enough.

Already there? Sounds like the "under your nose" announcement from 1.5 years ago.... I'm guessing this is the driver assist hardware/features that's already there... So, AWD Model S and driver assist... I'm not getting my hopes up for anything more exciting. AWD is already exciting enough.

"already there" I think means it applies to all MS owners who can just enable a new feature. My MS has no driver assist sensors.