Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

85D/85 Is Often The Best Choice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What the H*** is the matter with me???? My S85 is 21 months old. I love it. Why is it that I don't feel I have to get a D??? Let me check my temperature.....

Let me echo what Lolachampcar said. Stats are just stats - but living with a car day in and day out is where you really learn what a car is all about. Someone quoted specs and times for a Mercedes. But remember - the Tesla has all the torque from "0" RPM. HUGE difference. I came out of a 1M coupe - one of the quickest cars in daily traffic around, and I have owned multiple M cars. But, I have never looked back since moving into the S - even just a "plain S85". The instant torque is a major difference between an electric and ICE car. I guess I will just have to live with the tested time of the "plain S85" of 0-60 in 5 seconds... :)

It will be interesting to see people's thoughts on living with an 85D or P85D. Remember - tests drives just do not do them justice.

rogbmw,
I certainly don't think you need D in FL. My brother and I both have MS 85s on order (both in grey) and he, in Hawaii, is ordering an S85 and I, in Nebraska, went for the S85D. He doesn't need it, I felt that I wanted it to be safer in bad weather. Just our thoughts...