Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

23 MX vs 23 MXP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hear you. I was only considering MXP because of the discount that my friend was offering. To me, MX is more than good enough since is this my very first luxury car.

For my current order of MX, I didn't even purchased EAP. Should I at least add EAP on my current order? If I don't, would I regret a lot?
I use EAP "all the time" … I think it's safer to be on cruise control than relying upon my reflexes and situational awareness. I focus my attention further up the road and for the "ball bouncing between parked cars, probably being pursued by a child" stuff that EAP and FSD may or may not handle.

Reactions: Breakthrough
Status update - I am still waiting for MX. And I started regretting not taking the deal on MXP more and more these days. Sharing one car with my wife is more painful than I thought.
Well, Tesla has made it clear that they're discounting till sales increase and they're offering things like transferring FSD licenses. I haven't seen a hint of a rumor about any S/X updates before year-end, only Cybertruck and maybe Model 3 Performance showing up in the US, but those are both really 2024. The next EV I want is a Model 3 "Performance" (which might be Insane, Ludicrous or Plaid, whichever is mostest) but if I wrecked my X today, I'd be going for another X today, only I'd go Long Range. I just don't use any of the performance in the X and I would like more range. But for the 3, max performance is appealing, and I don't need a big saloon/sedan like the S, so its Plaidness isn't the right package for "daily driver and occasional track day" for me.
With people around the world fearing death in wars started and perpetuated by politicians and corporations, I am not interested in distracting myself with my next consumer purchase. Perhaps others think the same way, which would explain the continuing decline in automotive sales.

• Informative
Reactions: Breakthrough