Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

200k miles with a 2017 S 75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BeepBeepFL

Supporting Member
Apr 27, 2024
Florida
My 2017 S 75 was recently totaled. I wanted to share my experience with it for anyone interested. It was from early 2017 and I understand that the design had been updated to improve upon frontal crash protection. It had ventilated leather seats (supposedly recaro), solid metal roof (kept the heat down) and no air suspension. I understand the first two options ended in June 2017. My goal was to have the least amount of stuff to break and that’s was why I went with the single rear motor 75. The 100d came out two weeks before delivery or I would have had it for the range.
I replaced the tie rods and in-car charger around 175k miles and the front wheel bearings not very long ago.
I had briefly had the latest FSD as I had recently got both screens and the infotainment system upgraded for free as well as new sensors to allow it. The screen in front had started to delaminate and would have been $600 that replacing everything if it wasn’t free. I like the stalks better than the newer models.
Charging was slow on the supercharger so I charged overnight at home. Max charge was 210 miles or so. Commuting 50 miles each way was just fine. Road trips were not its forte. I would supercharge it (free) and go to lunch.
Keep it under 80, add a few extra psi to the tires, weigh it down a little and it drove great.
The vertical screen was great unless you want to watch Netflix while charging — the horizontal version is better.
The ventilated seats provided a little bit of cooling but not like the new ones.
It also used police tires which lasted around 40k miles.
I had it coated with Opti-Coat Pro+ and after 7 years outside in Florida, the black paint still looked great. The headlights got refinished as the Florida sun was catching up on them.
If I ever come across one like it again, I just might have to buy it.

Reactions: nicedrum and OVB1