Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I buy a 2016 Tesla X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL I actually know exactly where that is, I worked near there one summer.

There ARE third party shops that will work on Teslas, but that is in spite of the company not in cooperation with them. They have intentionally made it extremely difficult to work on anything but the older "classic" Teslas - and will lie to your face that the service department is "not a profit center" which is complete BULL.

It's also not a surprise at all that a Mercedes dealer wouldn't work on non-Mercedes, that's true of most dealerships for any brand. They only want to handle their own products. You need to find a reliable third-party, but in WV it is possibly going to be difficult b/c of the scarcity of Teslas there.

With your location it might not be worth the travel cost to have me come and do something as simple as the steering wheel controls if that was the only thing - BUT I'm willing. It might work out better though if you happen to know anyone with tractor attachments for sale, I'm renovating some property and need to get some tools. Looking for Category 1 or SSQA bush hog, rototiller, land plane....
Yes, there are third-party shops around. We run one here in South Carolina (Electrics Auto).

Newer Teslas are actually easier to work on and better supported than the older Teslas, BTW.

Would like to get some advice please. My local Mercedes dealership has a 2016 Tesla X 75 D it has 46,000 miles. Seems to be in pretty good condition. The dealership has had this vehicle for at least a year and a half so it has sit around a lot. They started the price of $54,000. It’s now $28,000 it appears to have free super charging. Hopefully that will transfer. The dealership let me keep the car for a couple days. I use the supercharger and there were no fees on it. My question is, should I buy one this old? Are there things to look out for with the battery be shot at this point. I understand the 75 D does not have much range. It’s mostly would just drive around town. I do have another vehicle for trips. Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Four pages of discussion.

Simple answer - stay away.