Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2.5 Upgraded Electronics (Alpine) Bluetooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not close to my Roadster. Does anyone know the map version number of non-updated IVA-NAV-10? The website says nothing about release date. Trying to see if this is actually new version before I spend $100. I doubt Tesla updates the maps for free but that might be worth asking too before buying the update.

I e-mailed someone at the Chicago store (service) so we'll see what they say.

Last edited:
I heard back from Tesla. They said there is a new software update and that they think it is a new map but that he would contact their service person and let me know. It looks like new map above is included in the annual service so will save you $100 if you can wait.

Last edited:
Really ??!!!
I e-mailed one of the Chicago Tesla people and that's what he said. He said he wasn't sure if it was just a software update (he might be confusing it with the new firmware update that's out) or if it included new maps (I sent him the link about with the maps for $99) but that he would check with a service person tomorrow. I'd be surprised if it was included with annual service but figured it couldn't hurt to wait and find out.

Last edited:
I called Alpine tech support. The map update below is newer than the one installed on the unit.
I went ahead and ordered it. They send you a DVD instead of letting you download it. Companies still do that?=)

I confirmed it with Tesla. They won't install the map update during the service (think it takes a long time) and it's also not free. I just ordered it so will report back.

Last edited:
HOLD THE PRESSES!!!!! Check out what Bybyte.com has!!!

Or MP3CAR has!!!

I'm intrigued. Why don't you try it out and let us know how it works. Specifically check into an iPad/iPhone solution. As for the Android tablet solution, who even has one of those? I heard they sold about 10 Android tablets before taking them off the market.

EDIT: Oh and before TEG or someone quotes me actual sales figures, I said "about 10," so it might have been a couple more, like 12 or so. :wink:

Last edited:
Any update? Is this only a map upgrade? What I really want is a firmware upgrade, maybe something to prevent my screen from blanking out, or keep the radio from locking up after I listen to sat.
There is a firmware update on Alpine's website for free. The map update includes the map update and also an update of the interface as well. It seems like a minor update but does include one nice feature. To cancel a route, you only need to tap the screen twice instead of 5-6 times with the prior version.

Last edited: