Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HepaKing Alpine carbon fiber DP series series speaker / subwoofer set review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed these as well. It was a huge improvement. I do agree that magnet size does not mean anything when there’s dissimilar materials. The cone material is also a factor for sure, and the stock speakers seemed to be standard paper cones. The proof is in the sound, and it is remarkably better. I don’t know how much of a difference was made replacing the additional rear deck and door speakers. I ordered and installed them after the initial installation even though it didn’t seem necessary. Totally happy with the sound now.

Reactions: TwoK4drSi
I installed these as well. It was a huge improvement. I do agree that magnet size does not mean anything when there’s dissimilar materials. The cone material is also a factor for sure, and the stock speakers seemed to be standard paper cones. The proof is in the sound, and it is remarkably better. I don’t know how much of a difference was made replacing the additional rear deck and door speakers. I ordered and installed them after the initial installation even though it didn’t seem necessary. Totally happy with the sound now.
Did you or anyone else install the rear subwoofer driver upgrade? How much of a difference did the new sub driver make?

Another forum member did the HepaKing Alpine speaker pkg in the front and went with Orella Acoustics sub and amp package.

Did you or anyone else install the rear subwoofer driver upgrade? How much of a difference did the new sub driver make?

Another forum member did the HepaKing Alpine speaker pkg in the front and went with Orella Acoustics sub and amp package.
I did the HepaKing Alpine rear stock subwoofer upgrade and I would say it is definitely an improvement over the stock subwoofer. With that said, it wasn’t enough for me so I also added an NVX 10” rear sub on each side of the car and a 1k watt amp. For most people this is overkill, I happen to really like it.

Reactions: TheLex
I have done the rear and in terms of clarity there isn’t as major as an upgrade as the front but in terms of volume and sound stage it’s substantially better.

Basically dependent on how you listen to music if you do the fronts you’ll max out the volume. Yes you can change the EQ for more gain but you’ll distort the music. The rear deck lid and door speakers will give you 1.5 sound volume if that makes sense.

Reactions: fredzos
I have done the rear and in terms of clarity there isn’t as major as an upgrade as the front but in terms of volume and sound stage it’s substantially better.

Basically dependent on how you listen to music if you do the fronts you’ll max out the volume. Yes you can change the EQ for more gain but you’ll distort the music. The rear deck lid and door speakers will give you 1.5 sound volume if that makes sense.
Tesla is one of the few automakers who set up the soundstage to be in front of you. Most companies set the sound stage to be behind your head it seems, which is just plain wrong.

I did install the subwoofer from the HepaKing kit. I think it was an improvement, but you won’t be in danger of working bolts loose in the car from the earth shattering bass.🤣. Like I said though I am completely happy with the bass content as is. I think it should be tried before anyone takes extra measures with a subwoofer/enclosure/amp. That and the door woofer upgrades add a good amount of bass. It’s a big change from stock. If someone asked what my favorite mod is on the car it would be replacing all those speakers by a long shot.

After getting the dual NVX sub setup, the rest of the speakers were lacking trying to overcome the bass. I couldn’t turn it up as much on the LOC as I wanted to but I found a fix 🛠️

Pulled the trigger on a 8 speaker set of hepaking plug and play set for the model 3/Y. 🔊 (3) 4” midrange dash, (2) 6.5” front door woofers, (2) 1” tweeters, (1) 8” sub. Unfortunately the rear doors are welded into the panels so no removing them unless you cut them out but I am planning to. The rear hatch I’ll be upgrading it with the doors but wanted to try this front soundstage first.

From their site I selected the Alpine DP-653 carbon fiber speakers that can’t be found in the US and only offered overseas. Due to the odd shape and non standard tesla speaker and mounting locations, HepaKing 3D printed the exact size bracket and have plug and play connectors for our cars.

Audio is very subjective to everyone’s ears so I’m glad they did an actual music loop and switched disconnect to each on their official YT channel video section repeatedly on multiple aftermarket speakers including Focal ISU200. To me the alpines sound so much more crisp and the clarity is 100% there over stock. The front doors are even downsized in the test and they kill the oems in quality.

Below are all the speakers up close and the magnet comparison size of each dash, door, and sub 😳. There are other aftermarket speaker brands out there for teslas but if you look and compare the construction and magnet size you’ll see the quality difference.

If anyone is in the DFW area and wants a listen hit me up 📩

View attachment 950093View attachment 950095View attachment 950096
View attachment 950097
View attachment 950098
View attachment 950099
may I ask whats the best way to replace/upgrade my 2020 S LR plus, speakers sound "aging"... thanks so much!