Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HepaKing Alpine carbon fiber DP series series speaker / subwoofer set review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TwoK4drSi

IG: TwoK4drSi
Apr 3, 2019
DFW
After getting the dual NVX sub setup, the rest of the speakers were lacking trying to overcome the bass. I couldn’t turn it up as much on the LOC as I wanted to but I found a fix 🛠️

Pulled the trigger on a 8 speaker set of hepaking plug and play set for the model 3/Y. 🔊 (3) 4” midrange dash, (2) 6.5” front door woofers, (2) 1” tweeters, (1) 8” sub. Unfortunately the rear doors are welded into the panels so no removing them unless you cut them out but I am planning to. The rear hatch I’ll be upgrading it with the doors but wanted to try this front soundstage first.

From their site I selected the Alpine DP-653 carbon fiber speakers that can’t be found in the US and only offered overseas. Due to the odd shape and non standard tesla speaker and mounting locations, HepaKing 3D printed the exact size bracket and have plug and play connectors for our cars.

Audio is very subjective to everyone’s ears so I’m glad they did an actual music loop and switched disconnect to each on their official YT channel video section repeatedly on multiple aftermarket speakers including Focal ISU200. To me the alpines sound so much more crisp and the clarity is 100% there over stock. The front doors are even downsized in the test and they kill the oems in quality.

Below are all the speakers up close and the magnet comparison size of each dash, door, and sub 😳. There are other aftermarket speaker brands out there for teslas but if you look and compare the construction and magnet size you’ll see the quality difference.

If anyone is in the DFW area and wants a listen hit me up 📩

IMG_8159.jpeg
IMG_8160.jpeg
IMG_8163.jpeg

IMG_8186.jpeg

IMG_8187.jpeg

IMG_8188.jpeg

Last edited:
very Nice we’re they a direct fit? did you say the rear speakers are welded to the doors?
Yea everything from HepaKing was a direct fit. The rear you can drill out the plastic weld and screw in the new speaker. It’s like a small mushroom but the triangular speaker assembly itself matches the front dash and is removable. It’s plastic welded in 3 holes.
IMG_8206.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the photos and impressions. I have read that the stock speakers use neodymium magnets, as effective as the ferrite magnets found on the Alpines at their smaller size. So I don't know that magnet size is an indicator of capacity or quality.

Does the mid-bass sound as good with the Alpine 6.5" speakers in the doors as it did with the 8" speakers? I like that Tesla chose the larger diameter woofers for the front doors, and I'm hesitant to go to a smaller diameter.

Haven't yet. I can't tempt myself too much, cause our house build use getting out of hand, and we need to budget for that now.

I also have a truck that needs some work. Glad to know these are available for our cars though. 1200 for these is pretty good. What did they charge for shipping to the States?

Haven't yet. I can't tempt myself too much, cause our house build use getting out of hand, and we need to budget for that now.

I also have a truck that needs some work. Glad to know these are available for our cars though. 1200 for these is pretty good. What did they charge for shipping to the States?
It’s was like $80 to Texas and shipped via UPS

Reactions: drpheta
Thanks for sharing the photos and impressions. I have read that the stock speakers use neodymium magnets, as effective as the ferrite magnets found on the Alpines at their smaller size. So I don't know that magnet size is an indicator of capacity or quality.

Does the mid-bass sound as good with the Alpine 6.5" speakers in the doors as it did with the 8" speakers? I like that Tesla chose the larger diameter woofers for the front doors, and I'm hesitant to go to a smaller diameter.
I agreed with u. Still have many slim design 8” woofer and 4” mid range speaker in the market. I will not goto a smaller diameter too.

Neodymium magnets, like on the factory speakers, are more energy dense than ferrite magnets, like on the Alpine speakers, so they’re smaller.
Apline did offered a 4 inch mid range speaker (DP-40) for BMW which can direct replace the original speaker of Model 3/y, not required bracket. U can found it on Apline Asia web site.

Last edited:
Apline did offered a 4 inch mid range speaker (DP-40) for BMW which can direct replace the original speaker of Model 3/y, not required bracket. U can found it on Apline Asia web site.

Neodymium magnets, like on the factory speakers, are more energy dense than ferrite magnets, like on the Alpine speakers, so they’re smaller.
really doesn’t matter bc the sound is far better than stock. I’ll match any song you want. You’re in Austin right? I’ll be coming down for the electrify expo and you’ll see. It’s vastly better.