Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100 Battery announced soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man.... the over-analysis here is beyond absurd. Of course it means that the 100 battery is coming out. Thanks to Jason's hacking and some quick decryption we've known this for a while!

And yes it will be retrofittable into older cars. Elon specifically said so when the 90 came out, but he recommended holding off for a bit until battery capacity climbed a bit more. I got a price from a SC for doing the 85-90 upgrade; it was something like 30K, which was more than it was worth to me. The 100 upgrade will be much more tempting; it makes long distance travel much easier.

So... my question becomes: do I replace the battery or do I replace the car? :)

• Disagree
Reactions: newtman and scole04
Man.... the over-analysis here is beyond absurd.

Indeed. Someone posted a pic signifying that the Model S is a great car, using the "100" emoji, and people mistakenly assume it's secret code for a battery upgrade. I'm quite sure it's not.

100 emoji: the number one-hundred, written in red, underlined twice for emphasis.

Originating from the number 100 written on a school exam or paper to indicate a perfect score of 100 out of 100. Teachers in Japan may also use a stamp in addition to the 100 mark, to indicate that a student has performed very well.

This 100 emoji is commonly used as a shorthand for 100%, with the usage meaning “keep it real” or a similar sentiment. A 100 emoji can be used to express pride or general acceptance of an idea.

Hundred Points Symbol Emoji

100-Emoji-Shirt-White-e1418641194326-300x300.jpg

Reactions: newtman and ohmman
"Millenials" can also be a mindest, not just an age ; I bet some of the older folks on this forum would score high (but can you reach 100?)- check for yourself:

How Millennial Are You?
Well, I scored an 86, but I've never in my life before now known there is a 100 emoji, so that might disqualify me. Born in 75, which Wikipedia thinks puts me in Generation X. (Was I supposed to buy an X? Oops, I bought an S instead)

Anyway, Tesla being cryptic as usual. No way to know for sure what it means, but regardless, it's bound to disappoint someone. :p

Is it just me or did they change the text lead in to the picture on FB? It (now) says: "100% electric". I'd think they changed it to clarify. Not a sneaky 100kwh battery announcement.

(By the way the forum won't allow me to use an emoji but the 100 is the emoji.)
Good catch.

Does that mean it's time to blame the intern (again)?

"Millenials" can also be a mindest, not just an age ; I bet some of the older folks on this forum would score high (but can you reach 100?)- check for yourself:

How Millennial Are You?

I'm an early Gen X, but it scored me as a Boomer. Not surprising, I've always related to Boomers better than my own generation. I guess the Millennials consider me ancient.