Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100 Battery announced soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really, though, would it make any sense to put larger batteries in showroom cars ever?

I'm a lot more intrigued that, apparently, no refreshed 90s have been delivered to customers yet. I'd have to think the typical Model S mix would favour the larger battery sizes.
I have an order which I made the day before refresh, earliest delivery was May - June, I pushed back to July so they must be making cars for the store only right now. I would expect cars to reach customers mid May. By the way mine is a 90

If there were 'phantom' 100's out there - delivered as 90's - wouldn't it be designated in the VIN? Also on the battery label under the wheel well?

Our just turned 3 year 85 has been patiently waiting for the next upgrade - however we have always had a goal of 110kW as a reasonable jump.

Saw the new front on a just delivered MS at Gilroy SC yesterday. Didn't think to check what battery it had.

If there were 'phantom' 100's out there - delivered as 90's - wouldn't it be designated in the VIN? Also on the battery label under the wheel well?

Our just turned 3 year 85 has been patiently waiting for the next upgrade - however we have always had a goal of 110kW as a reasonable jump.

Saw the new front on a just delivered MS at Gilroy SC yesterday. Didn't think to check what battery it had.

No face lifted card have been delivered to customers yet. 70Ds have been delivered to showrooms but not to actual customers yet.

So technically I am a millennial since I was born in the 80's and I did score an 87. But I have never heard of or seen the "100" emoji.

That being said, I have witnessed the emoji in real life! On the giant Good Times sign. So I had to pull over and take a picture. So either their products are "perfect/keep it real" or they're secretly working with Tesla to promote the 100 battery.... I have a feeling its not the latter.

Thanks Erik

100.jpg

Last edited:
I guess it would be fair to say though that of all the refresh cars that have been spotted, when the version has been verified, it's always been a 70. I don't think anyone has verified seeing a 90D or P90D refresh car yet.

What extra costs does Tesla incur when they unlock the extra 5kw? I assume there is some additional warranty exposure that could be a good chunk of the upgrade cost. Other?

Nothing. This is a software pricing model. There are many versions of windows all of which are pretty much exactly the same, except with some capabilities on or off. And they come at vastly different prices. And they all contribute toward recovery of the very large up front development cost.

All of these zero incremental cost upcharge options are 100% contribution to the bottom line. I don't blame Tesla; I would do the same thing. They need to get to profitability, and this is one way to do it.

If batteries are a high cost item how come they are delivering higher specked ones at the lower price. If they can deliver higher speck at the lower price then they should just stick to 75, maybe increase the price $500. If 20% upgrade for $3000 it's almost the same thing. Nobody will complain if the cost went up $500 on their order.