Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Celebrities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In an article on the Model X today: Tesla Shows Gull-Wing Electric SUV Ahead of Model S Sales - Businessweek
it was mentioned that actor/producer Jon Favreau is on the Model S waiting list. I also remember hearing that ex-NBA player and former co-host of the now defunct SpeedTV "The Car Show", John Salley was on the waiting list.

I think some celebs driving around in Model S's would be great free advertising for the company...

Last edited:
According to this WSJ article, world renown Biologist Craig Venter is a Roadster owner and is also on the Model S waiting list...

(Venter was on the cover of Wired magazine a while ago)
cover12_08.jpg

"It's pretty cool driving with no tailpipe," says J. Craig Venter, the biotechnology entrepreneur and a Roadster owner. Mr. Venter says he is in line for a Model S because he wants an electric car he can drive from his institute's campus in San Diego to Los Angeles, and bring some other people along. The Model S will join a collection that includes some motorcycles and a 2006 Aston Martin convertible, Mr. Venter says.

The Aston "doesn't get great gas mileage," he says. But "it sounds great."

Cue "The Sound of Silence" ...

BTW, Leno has a Volt - not that it has done much to improve its demand.

Doesn't Leno also have a Roadster? I remember seeing him drive one on his car show. Leno's Garage I think it's called? Yup, here is the link: Jay Leno's Garage - 2010 Tesla Roadster 2.5 | Tesla

EDIT: He keeps calling it a "Tesler" ;) I can't find anywhere if he actually purchased one, but he really seemed interested in doing just that at the end of the video.

Last edited:
Well, for what its worth, Fisker Karma owners include Leo DiCaprio, Taylor Lautner, Ashton Kutcher and the Biebs. Colin Powell and Al Gore are also owners, as are a number of sports and music folks.

Yea I think Fisker has more "celebrity cred" than the Tesla, at least in my part of the country. Two biggest questions I get are "Is it a Lotus?", if they know its electric (usually because of the Access stickers) they ask if its a Fisker....Kinda weird but true.