Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Songs not advancing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TexasEV

Jun 5, 2013
Austin, TX
After about a week on 7.1 the media payer doesn't advance to the next song by itself or with pressing the steering wheel button. It only advances with the icon on the 17" screen. This happens both with Slacker and music from the USB drive. Rebooting fixed the problem for one song and then it recurred. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes I have encountered this with a audio book on USB.

While the recent played list shows the last track it will only play the last track, you have to navigate to the artist book subfolder and then select the track previous and then advance forward to enable the loop playing icon so it will advance to the next track.

This is especially a pain in the ass as there is still the bug where the car will sometimes decide it want's to listen to the audiobook in the middle of the night and advances two of three hours forward in the book.

There used to be a work around where the source selector had history for each source and you could select another source before leaving the car.

That functionality has now gone away!!!

Since 7.1, I've noticed that about half the time the radio has been turned off when I enter the car. I've made sure i'm not bumping any controls while exiting/entering. Today it came on AM. I listen to FM 99 percent of time.