Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Music problems-Sometimes won't play

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I upgraded to 2023.20.9 last week
since then - maybe not because of the upgrade - Apple Music songs are not playing or are jumping to the next
anyone else experiencing this?
the double button thing doesn't fix it
Have you tried signing out of Apple Music and signing back in? I'm on 2023.26.1 now, but I was on 2023.20.9 for a couple weeks and didn't have any issues. You could also try disabling apple music from the equalizer settings -> sources - Apple Music off. That might work as well. That second one usually fixes my Apple Music issues. I haven't been having problems with Apple Music for about 4 weeks or so.

2022 M3LR here. For the last month or so, I have been having problems with Apple Music on my M3LR. When I start the car with Apple Music selected, the icons for play, next song, etc. are greyed out, and the play icon is replaced with "Select Media Source". I choose Apple music, and I get the usual display, showing the stations, etc. I have listened to recently. If I choose my Favorites channel, the songs show up, but the play icon is greyed out, and the songs won't play. If I choose any other source in Apple Music, it acts like I chose it, but the play icon is still greyed out, and no music plays.

Things I have tried: Logging in and out of Apple Music. This worked for about a day.
Rebooting the Tesla OS (Pushing both wheels on steering wheel) made things somewhat better, in that sometimes Apple Music works normally, and sometimes it acts as described above. Anyone else seen this? If so, how did you fix it?

Thanks in advance.
I have no issues with Apple Music, my beef is, but makes sense, the Music app order in the UI
Tesla's music app is listed first, Spotify is listed second and apple music third
we need a filter or priority sort for music apps in the Tesla UI
yes, I pay for Tesla premium conn and this gives the Tesla music app, one of my children pays for Spotify and I pay for Apple Music
but per profile, would like to only see, or at least on top, what each driver wants per music app
at the top, Apple for me, Spotify for others and Tesla music app last