Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

News week of Jan 6?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AWD or battery factory news would be great.

Suppose it could also be more mundane... with Model X likely to be revealed at Detroit Auto show the next week, a meeting on the 8th could be aimed at getting consistent information to employees days before the Model X questions start mushrooming.

A beta Model X is due. They need to begin making them for testing and crashing. If I remember the beta S was shown around this time of the year prior to their debut in June/July.

Announcing a AWD Model S prior to doing more things with the X strikes me as a mistake.

Only substantiated by people saying 'there is a rumor elsewhere on the forum...'. There is no SOURCE for the rumor. Just sayin'.

I had three different sources -- at three different TELSA locations offer up and then confirm a company wide education session on January 8th -- they assume it will accompany "big news." I don't feel that calling those locations out by name or person would do any good. I can't be the ONLY one who has been told by a local Tesla person that they have big news/training next week thats why I started the thread. Its similar the rumble in the summer before the price list increase and options changes in the USA.

I had three different sources -- at three different TELSA locations offer up and then confirm a company wide education session on January 8th -- they assume it will accompany "big news." I don't feel that calling those locations out by name or person would do any good. I can't be the ONLY one who has been told by a local Tesla person that they have big news/training next week thats why I started the thread. Its similar the rumble in the summer before the price list increase and options changes in the USA.

No need for names - the color (to borrow a word so many analysts are using during the earnings calls, hehe...) in this post is very helpful.

Since your sources suggest that this would be an education session that supposedly accompany the "big news", could it be related to the publishing of the NHTSA investigation outcome? Any thoughts?

AWD or battery factory news would be great.

Suppose it could also be more mundane... with Model X likely to be revealed at Detroit Auto show the next week, a meeting on the 8th could be aimed at getting consistent information to employees days before the Model X questions start mushrooming.

With the Model X capabilities, the questions are more likely to towedstool.

IF.....IF, this rumor is true, it makes sense it would be about the model X. Giving TM staff training on the X prior to bringing a more finished version to the Detroit Auto Show would be a good idea so that the staff knows about all the features.

Can't see it being Giga factory (why would TM staff needs to be educated on it) and NTHSA (TM would want the Government to announce it first and why would you need a training/education session on it?)

IF.....IF, this rumor is true, it makes sense it would be about the model X. Giving TM staff training on the X prior to bringing a more finished version to the Detroit Auto Show would be a good idea so that the staff knows about all the features.

Can't see it being Giga factory (why would TM staff needs to be educated on it) and NTHSA (TM would want the Government to announce it first and why would you need a training/education session on it?)

If NHTSA report turns out to be ambiguous, and the management knows this, they would want to set record straight with the employees, as it has potential to impact the morale.

This, of course, just pure speculation...

I'd say the highest chances are this, Tesla has a press conference slot for the Detroit Auto Show next Tuesday Jan 14 at 11:40 am... let's hope it's final details on the Model X

http://naias.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=27789