Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla-Model-Y-prototype-17.jpg

Looks like a Model 3 and a Prius were parked alongside one another on a moonlit parking lot listening to Marvin Gaye and Barry White.

Tesla-Model-Y-prototype-17.jpg

Looks like a Model 3 and a Prius were parked alongside one another on a moonlit parking lot listening to Marvin Gaye and Barry White.

Can’t help but feel this is what Model 3 should have been all along, but maybe I’ll feel differently after getting to see one in person.

EDIT: Also, ew.

Last edited:
I presume that Tesla has been relatively quiet about the Model Y recently, so as not to "osborne" the Model 3 or Model X. :eek:
I suppose, but I think the Model Y will more likely osborne ICE and hybrid small SUVs and crossovers. For example, anyone considering a new Prius right now would be crazy not to think about waiting for the Y if they can afford it.

Interesting.

In the early 2010s there were a lot of companies that showed interest in making EVs - including Dyson, Sony, Apple … essentially the idea was that because of this change in technology, huge entry barrier to automobiles was gone. Not really.

Makes Tesla's success all the more surprising. It is truly a one off.
Maybe remarkable rather then surprising?

• Helpful
Reactions: SpaceCash
it's not for (battery) longevity. it actually saves time. the last 20% takes much longer to charge than the first 80%. Your trip ends up being faster if you stop an additional time rather than topping off to 100% at each stop.

+1.

There have been plenty of posts on this subject in TMC and quite frankly that “journalist” should have done his research on this site to properly understand long distance travel.

https://www.inc.com/jason-aten/cali...ryone-an-electric-car.NOTlinkingtoGarbage.com

"California's Power Outage Demonstrates the Biggest Flaw With Tesla's Plan to Sell Everyone an Electric Car"
LOLOLOL

This means electric cars will never be a truly viable alternative to internal combustion engines until someone figures out how to dramatically increase the reliability of our electrical grid. I'm not suggesting that gasoline is a better long term strategy, but outside of Tesla's most devoted fans, most people still find it's a far more reliable and convenient option.

Of course, it is obvious from the article that this is only a problem for electrical vehicles - gas was always plentiful:confused:
gas_lines_3-768x369.jpg

Today's wild speculation: the drop in short volume suggests that someone has information on earnings and is covering. I'm calling an earnings surprise, either substantial zev credit sales or a new agreement.

I'm in the earnings surprise camp but I don't think the short-covering means earnings info was leaked. Covering short positions is a natural thing to do when you can see that sentiment has changed to positive.