Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When will, if ever, the industry and the car buying population properly label SUVs vs CUVs?

The CUV class is relatively new and likely created as marketing jargon. There's not much difference between SUV and CUV in conventional language. The lines are blurred since some CUVs are getting close to wagons, whereas some CUVs are becoming the size of midsized SUVs, e.g. the CRV (which I believe offer 3rd row seating now).

Edit: my mistake, the CRV doesn't offer 3rd row but the Pilot does.

I presume that Tesla has been relatively quiet about the Model Y recently, so as not to "osborne" the Model 3 or Model X. :eek:
Elon stated that on a talk show this summer. Its why the Y launch was subdued, he didn't want to deep 6 Model 3 orders.

@KSilver2000
I'm curious; please state the reasoning for your "disagree" vote against the the above quoted post of mine.
Also, why do you prohibit me from viewing your profile?

@KSilver2000
I'm curious; please state the reasoning for your "disagree" vote against the the above quoted post of mine.
Also, why do you prohibit me from viewing your profile?

I disagree with trying to reason or explain a purpose for downplaying the Y.

Are you a stalker? I just chose to keep my profile closed in general, not just you.
On the topic of profiles, may I suggest that you zoom out slightly on your picture?

The CUV class is relatively new and likely created as marketing jargon. There's not much difference between SUV and CUV in conventional language. The lines are blurred since some CUVs are getting close to wagons, whereas some CUVs are becoming the size of midsized SUVs, e.g. the CRV (which I believe offer 3rd row seating now).

Edit: my mistake, the CRV doesn't offer 3rd row but the Pilot does.

Maybe it's just a pet peeve of mine only then. People referring to anything that's not a traditional sedan as a SUV. Or when the words sedans and cars are used interchangeably, but specify SUVs as SUVs.

Last edited:
Seems like the demand thesis is officially dead. All the FUD has moved to other topics. I guess that's progress.

The man sure likes to play games.

Donald J. Trump on Twitter
"Big day of negotiations with China. They want to make a deal, but do I?"
He thinks he is on a reality TV show.