Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well-were-waiting-waiting.gif
Short drive, hesitation at stop signs was worse.

Previously I have been able to cancel an up coming turn by using the opposite turn signal but it seems as on this drive it would cancel my opposite signal and force the GPS turn no matter how many times I attempted to override it.

Still can’t center itself in between the lines and I find it hugging either center line or the edge line.

Still doesn’t see the huge iron gate in my development on the way in or out, charges at it and slams the brakes hard last second.

Vision parking assist in the garage is goofy, not anyhow useful, bunch of weird shaped blobs all around the car. Rear and side cameras are for the win.

Autopark -> Non-USS/USS cars (all except very old pre-2018??? Assume HW3 is needed? Or do old EAP owners get love?), spot selection, etc. USS unaffected
Here's an example 2019 Model 3 USS/Intel/HW3 using Autopark with 12.3.6:

12.3.6 intel autopark.jpg

Looks like the visualization doesn't show USS colored distance arcs when Autopark is active. The new Autopark without Vision Park Assist / high-fidelity 3D visualization shows the flat / 2D representation of adjacent vehicles and lines.

Presumably 2017 Model 3 upgraded to HW3 could get the new Autopark. Potentially even 2016 Model S/X with HW3 as well although so far only S/X Refresh/Plaid have gotten 12.3.6 (and not legacy, which might require additional software given the dedicated Autopilot stalk).

I had something funny happen to me today.

I was on the freeway with fsd enabled v12.3.4 and there was a motorcycle passing my car on the right. After the motorcycle had already passed me, the car did the maneuver where it moved
slightly to the left to give the motorcycle space. What a terrible delayed reaction.

The car behind me must have thought I was an idiot.

They really need to move the highway stack to v12, it's not great imo.
Well, I've read enough now about FSD causing motorcycles grief that, while I'm feeling my sore body from two days of riding (yesterday with my wife on the back) even when nothing went wrong, I'm making a mental note to disengage when on the highway and motorcycles are near.

It's what I'd expect fellow Tesla drivers to do when I'm riding and I get too near to them...

Guessing it doesn't recognize moving objects? Not single stack yet?
AI DRIVR had a parking case where the visualization showed a ghost standing in the parking spot, and it wouldn't park. So it seems they're tackling this the Old Fashioned Way - with heuristics. Those heuristics are apparently based off a modified V11 vision system. My guess is that they're using the occupancy network stuff cranked up for high resolution in a small space (a requirement of limited data and compute resources). The heuristics may handle the presence of other cars, but they have to be in that small space for the heuristics to react to them. That other car came into the scene quickly, and Chuck took over just about the time I might expect the car itself to brake. Not that the parking assist should have started turning into the other car in the first place, but it may not have the range.

Very disappointing that they didn't bother combining available sensors rather than just turning off the USS.
Especially when USS is so accurate so some scenarios
If they are using the occupancy network stuff, then it would seem that they can have a lot more position data than the ultrasonic sensors can provide. I'm sure that makes the heuristics easier to build.

Reactions: drtimhill
I am getting interesting new behavior on V12.3.4. Before, it always took too long to slow down after a speed limit drop. Now--same software--if no one is in front of me it not only slows down appropriately, it starts slowing BEFORE the speed limit drop--so that it's at the appropriate speed passing the sign. I've never seen that before. This is NEW behavior from the same software. However, if we are following another car which ignores the new speed limit, we also ignore the new speed limit.
It’s very odd for me. Sometimes it slows reasonably quickly and even ahead of the lower speed limit sign at times. This seems to be mostly residential neighborhoods. Other times it takes way too long to slow and I occasionally disengage to slow. Quite unpredictable.

Reactions: DrGriz
Close call at 1:53.
Guessing it doesn't recognize moving objects? Not single stack yet?

That's pretty sketchy. And Chuck was just mentioning how it was odd to add features to a minor update. Maybe it assumes the supervisor verified there's no moving traffic? That oncoming vehicle was in view before Chuck hit 'Start' so FSD could refuse request. Gawd help the supervisor that isn't ready!

Otherwise it seems to be more accurate and park slightly quicker than previous iterations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Electroman
Watching Chuck's video had the good thing about the car moving into a better position to park. That would be an improvement for my car's autopark feature when I finally find an update I'm willing to do (V12.3.4 is on offer to me but I'm not bothering for now.)

I have V12.3.3 (HW3, USS) and for some reason my husband decided to try the autopark when the P came up yesterday. But he hit the P when in a poor position to park and the car started from that point. It would have probably made it after an excruciating adjusting forward and back, over and over, but there were cars trying to get by us in both directions so my husband responded to the 'heat' coming from the passenger seat and abandoned the experiment. I will not be see as one of the a-hole tesla drivers. So my husband got to be seen as a little old man who can barely park his car safely.