Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fine, after I finish my Doritos and Mountain Dew
well-were-waiting-waiting.gif

On USS if you turn on Vision Park do the USS still work when you manually park/drive? Ot are they cut off (like radar) altogether?
Actually looks like this really has nothing to do with USS. I was glancing at it too quickly.

It’s just the Autopark functions. Not the High Fidelity Park Assist 3D stuff (the visualizations of the 3D environment).

So seems like USS is unaffected - no reason it would behave any differently. TBD whether we will get the unfathomable toggle at some point.

I guess for the moment USS remain superior!

Last edited:
Actually looks like this really has nothing to do with USS. I was glancing at it too quickly.

It’s just the Autopark functions. Not the High Fidelity Park Assist 3D stuff (the visualizations of the 3D environment).

So seems like USS is unaffected - no reason it would behave any differently. TBD whether we will get the unfathomable toggle at some point.

I guess for the moment USS remain superior!
On AMD equipped Model 3/Y vehicles there is an option, in the Autopilot menu, to enable the high fidelity park assist. (No love for Intel based vehicles or legacy S&X.)

On AMD equipped Model 3/Y vehicles there is an option, in the Autopilot menu, to enable the high fidelity park assist. (No love for Intel based vehicles or legacy S&X.)
I see. This is a different feature than the originally linked Autopark feature. Does USS disable on those vehicles when doing this? I wonder how much overlap there is of AMD and USS? (Don’t know the dates.)

This seems to suggest USS would be disabled:

Autopark -> Non-USS/USS cars (all except very old pre-2018??? Assume HW3 is needed? Or do old EAP owners get love?), spot selection, etc. USS unaffected

Tesla Vision Park Assist -> AMD, USS and non-USS - TBD whether USS fully disabled.

Last edited:
I see. Does USS disable on those vehicles when doing this? I wonder how much overlap there is of AMD and USS? (Don’t know the dates.)
I haven't gotten this version to try it out, and haven't seen confirmation of that yet.

I think the Model Y started getting AMD in early 2022, and kept USS until October of 2022?

Does he do anything? Or is he just a full time shill? Or, are you a full time shill?
That’s a hell of a good question. He shills Tesla quite a bit. I could never figure out the handle either, what’s whole mars catalog? Ugh while typing this I decided to look at his site to figure out what it was… and aside from it being pretty cringy…. Never mind, I should’ve just let my mind keep wondering.

And I guess I could be a shill, just don’t have anything to shill, nor enough free time to do it.

That’s a hell of a good question. He shills Tesla quite a bit. I could never figure out the handle either, what’s whole mars catalog? Ugh while typing this I decided to look at his site to figure out what it was… and aside from it being pretty cringy…. Never mind, I should’ve just let my mind keep wondering.

And I guess I could be a shill, just don’t have anything to shill, nor enough free time to do it.
Shades of Yore. There used to be an actual catalog, "Whole Earth Catalog", favored, I think, by hippies and the like. Let me check.. Yep Whole Earth Catalog - Wikipedia.

Mainly about product reviews for the back-to-the-Earth types back in the 70's.

Whole Mars Catalog is presumably thinking about Colonizing Mars, that being a Musk/SpaceX thing. (As it happens, I have a relative associated with SpaceX; got nifty coffee mugs that show Mars in its normal red color, but, with coffee added, it turns green/blue.)

Shades of Yore. There used to be an actual catalog, "Whole Earth Catalog", favored, I think, by hippies and the like. Let me check.. Yep Whole Earth Catalog - Wikipedia.

Mainly about product reviews for the back-to-the-Earth types back in the 70's.

Whole Mars Catalog is presumably thinking about Colonizing Mars, that being a Musk/SpaceX thing. (As it happens, I have a relative associated with SpaceX; got nifty coffee mugs that show Mars in its normal red color, but, with coffee added, it turns green/blue.)
When I get in trouble with my wife, she makes me watch his videos as punishment.