Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WOW even FOX news is warming up to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know why anyone actually takes these TV and radio clowns seriously. It's all about ratings. I think what they say on air is primarily to be outrageous and encourage followers - it may have nothing to do with what they believe. But then who cares what they believe - or think. I certainly don't.

Millions of people do actually. One of the highest rated shows on the highest rated news channel. That doesn't make what they say right or even factually accurate just that a lot of people listen to what they say.

Because of the Climate Change/Global Warming issue many others will follow FOX attitude with respect to Tesla. Believe me. It's just a matter of time. Tesla has the merit to produce cars that are good not only for the environmental issue but also better with respect to other very well known brands like Audi, Mercedes and BMW.

sir I do not know what issues you may have but I was responding to a post, about advocate.
you have taken part of the reply out of context and are trying to make some sort of statement. /...
In Sweden we’ve dropped these kinds of titles. We just use you when addressing other people. So if you’ll excuse me…

I merely asked a question about a comment you made. Referring to “radical advocates” in that context just left me wondering about who these “radical advocates” are.

That may be true on some matters but on climate change the truth is what most of the world is in serious denial about. Fools like O'Reilly will be in denial even when they take their last dying gasp of poisoned air.
I have a hard time accepting the arguments of those who need to denigrate those who have divergent opinions. I don't for a minute believe that there is some climate change, that said I do not buy into the wailing of the enviro crowd as well.
O'reilly might be a fool but he is wise enough to be making a fortune being a fool.
YMMV

This thread is going down the slippery slope towards the Political Quarantine. "Radical", "clowns", "fools", "denigrate", "wailing" etc. are loaded words. We're about a millimeter from someone using those terms on another forum member. When that happens I will pitch the lot. You have been warned.

-mod

The Cubs are going to win the World Series now!

Hooray! I'll be able to wear my forties/fifties style Cub cap in public.

Regarding O'Reilly and Tesla, it appeared that the "60 Minutes" segment melted his heart. Perhaps he became a shareholder. He may even have ordered a Model S.
Regarding O'Reilly and anthropogenic climate change, I suspect he started hedging a bit in preparation for his eventual complete acceptance.

Last edited:
Lusting is fine but I don't think you're allowed to buy it. Besides, there's no ev chargers over at Fox's parking lot... the only signs I saw were "Drill baby Drill" and "Frack me!"... ;)

I really hope he does buy one. it would do everyone some good. Late last night, I was thinking of starting up a collection here on TMC to get O'Reilly a P85. I've come to realize that might, perhaps, be a tad over the top.

The one other thing that BIll didn't mention is that, even if the electricity is generated by coal, a coal plant is FAR more efficient at coverting fuel to energy than the comparatively tiny ICE in most cars. At BEST you get a 14-20% conversion rate. Remember that the most efficient ICE mode of land transportation is a huge diesel engine lashed to an electric generator. We call these things "locomotives". So scaling that up even further results in greater efficiencies.

The one other thing that BIll didn't mention is that, even if the electricity is generated by coal, a coal plant is FAR more efficient at coverting fuel to energy than the comparatively tiny ICE in most cars. At BEST you get a 14-20% conversion rate. Remember that the most efficient ICE mode of land transportation is a huge diesel engine lashed to an electric generator. We call these things "locomotives". So scaling that up even further results in greater efficiencies.

When there is a combustion the relationship between the generated power and the power lost as heat is always governed by the second principle of thermodynamics.
The efficiency of a coal plant, gas ICE car or diesel ICE car will be different of course. But for the above mentioned reason the differences of efficiency among these combustion engines will not be so great IMO.

I mean you can never get the 80% efficiency of an electric engine with an engine based on combustion.

Last edited:
Any discussion of Fox News is a political discussion because Fox News is a political organization. The opinions aired on Fox are aimed at subjective political persuasion, not objectively informing the public. Given the organization's Machiavellian operational mode and explicit agenda, it is very difficult to imagine this sudden change of heart on Bill O'Reilly's part re Tesla being authentic or genuine. Based on too many documented years of the Fox methodology, Occam's Razor (not to mention Admiral Ackbar) says, it's a trap and this new warming to Tesla has an agenda behind it. If I had to guess, I'd say, something related to 2014 midterm elections.

Don't agree. Why not a sudden convertion of Bill O'Reilly's? After all being a Republican he will have to stand for his ideas against many people of his Party for his position. He is taking a brave attitude.