Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the X be faster than the S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model X P220+ will beat EVERYTHING that doesn't have a Tesla Motors badge. AUDI Q7, BMW X5, and Porsche Cayenne doors will be littering the 405 FWY. I guarantee it!

It's been discussed elsewhere but until the next significant breakthrough in battery technology the weight/power issue means a P220+ will never happen. Nice thought though.

- - - Updated - - -

What about a larger capacity battery? I could see an XYYYD beating an S85D in a sprint.

We were on a road trip recently discussing larger battery size and came to the conclusion that it's not something we'd ever pay a significant amount for. Having been driving a Roadster for >3.5 years and Model S for >2 years, the S now has 40,000 miles on it btw, neither my wife nor I have ever been in a situation where we've wished for a larger battery size. I know that's a "range" discussion but when it comes to speed then weight also plays a part and increasing battery size also means increasing cost so I'm skeptical that many folks would be willing to invest so much capital in a car for the short distance sprint.