Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who's Expecting Delivery Soon???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So last week I got an email from my DS saying “I just wanted to let you know your Model S is going through Paint”. The next morning my Dashboard said ‘In Production’. Just a few days later it changed to ‘Being prepared for pickup or delivery’. I was told a while back that delivery would probably be the week of June 2[SUP]nd[/SUP], even though my dashboard still says Late May. I don’t have an exact date yet. I know I should be excited, and part of me is, but I’m mostly sick with anxiety over how to care for the car. This car is so far above and beyond anything I’ve ever driven. My current vehicle is an almost three year old mid level Town & Country minivan with 86k miles. That’s all I own. I’m a single dad with three young teenage boys and a full time job, car care is very low on my list of priorities. I’m afraid I’ll be constantly stressed over trying to keep my new car looking new. They throw a lot of rock salt and dirt on the roads around here during winter, and my kids have friends down miles of dirt back roads. I think I need a full Xpel wrap, but I’m having a hard time stomaching paying over a month’s salary for it. I’m also having no luck finding a good place near me to do it, or one that will also do any needed detail prep work. They’ll wash the car, but any detail work will have to be done somewhere else. I can’t get any recommendations on where to go. Even Xpel support hasn’t replied to my email asking for help. I never even knew there was such a thing as paint protection until I started reading this forum. This whole thing has made me just sick. I can’t even check my dashboard for delivery updates anymore, because it upsets me to see that beautifully rendered car staring at me. I don’t know what I was thinking, someone like me owning a car this nice.

AndroidDream, I kind of know what you mean. I just ordered, but definitely had a moment or three of "Holy crap WTF did I just do?!?!", but I got over it because I reminded myself of all the great advantages the model S has. I also wen through a phase of OMG I MUST OPTI-COAT/XPEL, but then remembered how every other car I've owned has gone:

I get it in pristine shape, drive it for x days/weeks and eventually see that first nick/scratch/ding/imperfection and it's painful. But, assuming it's nothing major, it rapidly becomes one of those little things that make my car feel like *my* car and I don't mind it that much.

I suppose it depends on your personality type, but keep your eye on all the things you're getting above and beyond any sort of cosmetic perfection, and ENJOY that!!! So many things to look forward to: clean/quiet transportation, that gorgeous touchscreen, vastly superior range to any other BEV out there, fantastic amounts of cargo area, rocketship-like acceleration and so much more. Don't obsess about future minor imperfections, enjoy all the massively great features/characteristics of your new car!

So last week I got an email from my DS saying “I just wanted to let you know your Model S is going through Paint”. The next morning my Dashboard said ‘In Production’. Just a few days later it changed to ‘Being prepared for pickup or delivery’. I was told a while back that delivery would probably be the week of June 2[SUP]nd[/SUP], even though my dashboard still says Late May. I don’t have an exact date yet. I know I should be excited, and part of me is, but I’m mostly sick with anxiety over how to care for the car. This car is so far above and beyond anything I’ve ever driven. My current vehicle is an almost three year old mid level Town & Country minivan with 86k miles. That’s all I own. I’m a single dad with three young teenage boys and a full time job, car care is very low on my list of priorities. I’m afraid I’ll be constantly stressed over trying to keep my new car looking new. They throw a lot of rock salt and dirt on the roads around here during winter, and my kids have friends down miles of dirt back roads. I think I need a full Xpel wrap, but I’m having a hard time stomaching paying over a month’s salary for it. I’m also having no luck finding a good place near me to do it, or one that will also do any needed detail prep work. They’ll wash the car, but any detail work will have to be done somewhere else. I can’t get any recommendations on where to go. Even Xpel support hasn’t replied to my email asking for help. I never even knew there was such a thing as paint protection until I started reading this forum. This whole thing has made me just sick. I can’t even check my dashboard for delivery updates anymore, because it upsets me to see that beautifully rendered car staring at me. I don’t know what I was thinking, someone like me owning a car this nice.
I'm feeling much the same way about caring for mine. I'm not a car guy, caring for the paint on a car isn't something I thought I'd ever need to do since my experience has been that car paint holds up very well with the only care being an occasional wash. Model S seems to be one of the only exceptions. Assuming I go with paint protection, I need to figure out what to get, where to get it, and how to fit it into my financial plans. I have a few other anxieties, being my first car and all, but this one is up there. I'm still not entirely sure if it was the best decision, but too late to worry about that now, the best car in the world is going to be mine in about 3 weeks.

Hong Kong is finally getting orders delivered starting in about a month and a half, as it looks. Mine (non-Signature), probably into August, though always hoping sooner rather than later. These are the RHD models finally being produced, and this could eventually have an impact on US domestic orders?

I thought the US market cooled down a bit, so it might not really be much of a factor, but there are probably 500+ Model S RHD waiting to be delivered in Hong Kong, and this even before any car has yet been delivered.

Consider er the population being less than 10 million here, you could compare this to the Los Angeles area alone, both with respect to population and area. Imagine 500 Model S going to just LA!

HOME! More later-- I have driving to do.:love:
IMG_1502.jpg
IMG_1509.jpg

Ahhh!!!! and just now, woop woop

In ProductionThe Tesla Factory is building your Model S."

Congrats! I am waiting for my 60 to go "In Production" as well...Delivery date is 6/17 in Seattle but hoping to get it early.

What was your VIN and confirm date? Do you happen to know your "End of Line" date? Mine is 6/2, so I'm imagining it should be going to production any day now.

My delivery got pushed up a full week! Picking up from Raleigh SC tomorrow at 2pm. So much to do between now and then... Clean out the old car to hand off to Carmax when I get down there, finish my playlist, look at the walk through demo a few times, good grief I'm swamped!