Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Orders - Consistently Been Pushed Back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to kick off this new thread specifically for individuals located in California (although others from different locations are welcome to join as well). After conversing with several owners in Southern California, I've observed a common trend: the EDD keeps getting pushed back by one day every day. Additionally, the delivery center only suggests that all we need to do is wait until they reach out, making it challenging to follow up. If we do follow up, they imply it's our fault for not waiting patiently. Personally, I've only followed up twice so far.

I believe we can support each other by keeping each other informed, and perhaps even track this ourselves without having to rely solely on Tesla.

Here's some background information on my order: I placed my order on October 23th. The first VIN was assigned during the first week of 2024. However, upon inspection, I discovered significant paint damage (4-5 inches, a big area of paint not just scratches) during pickup. They sent it to a third-party body shop for repairs. Upon the second pickup, new damage was discovered on the back (I am 99% sure they made it during the repair). This prompted my rejection of the car on January 26th. Since rejecting the first VIN, my estimated delivery date has consistently been pushed back by one day, totaling 19 days up until today. My current EDD is from February 14th to March 3rd.

If you find yourself in a similar situation, whether waiting for your first VIN or 2nd VIN, please feel free to share your experience in this thread so we can keep each other updated. For reference, my build is a White/Black tax edition.

Thank you so much!

Last edited: