Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Truck has been at the Dealership since Saturday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Question for people who have got their Cyber Truck. My Truck was offloaded on Saturday around 10am at the dealership here in South Florida. The service advisor immediately sent me a text asking when I want to pick it up. I told them NOW of course.....They replied a few hours later and said I can pickup on Tuesday......

Now, this is the first delivery of the cyber truck at this little service station. Why do they need 3 full day's of my truck at the service center? I have my suspicion, but I wanted to hear from others what the average timeframe is once a truck is delivered to the service center, how long till they received it?

As a follow up question, how many miles did you have when you picked it up?

Planning on driving there this morning to see if my truck I paid cash for is being pimped out around town for their enjoyment, unless I hear from you all otherwise. Thanks!

• Disagree
Reactions: Tachyon
see if my truck I paid cash for is being pimped out around town for their enjoyment

I highly doubt this. Seems much more likely that they need a bit of time to inspect and/or detail the vehicle, plus they need to pick a time when they're able to "deliver" it.

Maybe Monday (today) is booked. It's president's day, so probably a lot of other people scheduled their deliveries today because they already have off of work.

Hello,

Question for people who have got their Cyber Truck. My Truck was offloaded on Saturday around 10am at the dealership here in South Florida. The service advisor immediately sent me a text asking when I want to pick it up. I told them NOW of course.....They replied a few hours later and said I can pickup on Tuesday......

Now, this is the first delivery of the cyber truck at this little service station. Why do they need 3 full day's of my truck at the service center? I have my suspicion, but I wanted to hear from others what the average timeframe is once a truck is delivered to the service center, how long till they received it?

Planning on driving there this morning to see if my truck I paid cash for is being pimped out around town for their enjoyment, unless I hear from you all otherwise. Thanks!
Guessing but as you state this is there first CT delivery based on other delivery posts they likely want to give you some type of light show special delivery. I doubt they are cruising around with it personally.

Reactions: brkaus
Hello,

My guess, one of the sales staff needed you Cyber Truck over the weekend for a home improvement project.

Next stop, a load of gravel.

IMG_1904.jpeg

I was at the Tampa Service Center last week and spoke to the delivery folks. Said they had 9 Cybertrucks waiting for delivery, but had not yet received instructions from Tesla re how to detail / clean them for delivery. Yesterday I was at the Tesla Store at our local mall and one of the reps showed me a photo of all the trucks lined up at the Service Center. That might be the reason for the delay in delivery.

Multiple visits to Tesla are because I’m still sorting through whether to buy the Cybertruck or take advantage of the free supercharge/FSD transfer and just go for a new Model S. This would be my third Model S (first one was Sept 2013). I think I’m ready for something different……………….

Today (Thursday) I drove by a Tesla store in Space Coast Florida, and spotted a "delivery" truck in the parking lot, with a few gawkers. I joined in, gawking. Truck had stickers (labels) on the tires, and the rumor was that it was to be delivered. Still had plastic on the seats.

I am not suggesting that this is your truck, as it is not in "south Florida".
But this one was dirty and needed a wash. Some panel gaps may need attention.

I did not see any rust spots or damage.

No hubcaps were attached. Nice looking black wheels. From the photos I can see online, I suspect these are the stock wheels, and they look fine without the wheel caps.

By happenstance, it was parked next to a Chevy Pickup. And it seems more normal in size, in person, than it appeared in online photos.

The extreme slope of the windshield would make it seem challenging for the driver to see the front corners of the vehicle.

Congrats to the new owner.

Got the truck Tuesday. Here is the deal:

1. You must make all your payments; they won't call you, they won't tell you anything until the truck is paid for. I ended up driving a check later on Monday, saw the truck dirty as hell, straight from the factory. It was not driven ;)

2. It takes close to 40 man hours to clean the truck. Now, I was excited, I told them pressure wash the dirt because I'll detail it anyways.

3. Oh boy, should I have let them clean it. The thing was a mess from testing in the Texas desert. Sand everywhere is an understatement. I can 100% understand why it takes 40 hours. With that said, I'm probably the only one now who can get a Cybertruck to showroom perfection, other than Tesla ;).

4. The truck is perfect, no panel gaps, nothing is wrong, one of the best cars and trucks I've driven.

5. It gets dirty just looking at it. An expert detailer is going to read the next sentence and cringe, but I had to. I did a light hand compound to remove the oxidation from the factory. Light compound with a microfiber, use a wet microfiber with water to wipe it down, polish with microfiber. Comes out perfect in all light.

5. Purchased over $500 in cleaning products and tested everything from top of the line to Chemical Guys... Here is the best solution....

6. Water is the magic solution.. Get two towels. Soak one with RO water (I have a filter), and wipe the truck down; before the water dries, wipe it with the other microfiber towel. Don't watch YouTube videos selling expensive snake oil for this truck. Water is what you clean with and polish with. Nothing more unless you didnt have it detailed by tesla..

Important Tip:

The poor guy before me was there two hours, they were trying to fix his door. The door in the sun was 100% a different color from the rest of the truck. Bottom line is they ran our of cold roll steel on his truck and made his back door from another, possibly bad batch. Make tesla pull it out in the sun. If the entire truck metal does not match make them replace it. Now don't get all OCD on tesla, this was a clear flaw on this guys truck. Tesla said they would replace his door, but I would check that because it looked bad. The panels may slightly differ, but make sure this isn't crap from the factory. If a panel is 100% a different color, make them fix.

The bad:
I could never be a celebrity. After driving around for two days tonight was just insane. Drove by a carnival because my dad was there and I wanted to show my step mom. Kids were insane. They are so excited they make bad decisions like chasing your truck down the parking lot, banging on the windows..(until I got out).. You will have cars stop in the middle of the road and block you so they can get a picture. You will get asked 1000 times how much money you make. or what you do. So be prepared and have thick skin and 5% tinted windows even on the front. EVERY SINGLE PERSON WILL TAKE A PICTURE.

I'm looking forward to seeing more on the road so I can drive in peace ;)

Elon got the truck almost too right.....Tomorrow I'm driving the Plaid to dinner......

Hello,

Are you always so suspicious? 3 days is not at all unreasonable. I've had 3 Teslas and I always told them to take an extra day or two to make sure the car was in great shape for delivery. They appreciated that and I never had any issues.