Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who in Canada will order the new P85D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently a large chunk of them are in Detroit, and they cannot arrange transportation because of a large incoming storm and apparently no one wants to agree to transport them given the incoming weather.

What I find interesting about this is "Detroit". Last year at almost this same time, I was driving home from a wedding in Chicago and passed a convoy of Model S cars on I-69 around Flint on their way to Port Huron/Sarnia. They caught up to (and passed) me at the Sarnia crossing where transport trucks had some sort of express lane while I was stuck in a long line of cars. I passed them again on Hwy 402 on their way towards the 401 and Toronto. I wonder why they go through Detroit now?

When I got my car in February of 2013, it spent some time in Detroit... It was even charged there. I'm sure many things have changed in the last ~2 years however. :)

What I find interesting about this is "Detroit". Last year at almost this same time, I was driving home from a wedding in Chicago and passed a convoy of Model S cars on I-69 around Flint on their way to Port Huron/Sarnia. They caught up to (and passed) me at the Sarnia crossing where transport trucks had some sort of express lane while I was stuck in a long line of cars. I passed them again on Hwy 402 on their way towards the 401 and Toronto. I wonder why they go through Detroit now?

I got word that my car has finally left and is scheduled to be in Detroit on Dec 29. Then they will switch drivers (this is what I am told) and head on here. Hoping for a pick up on Dec 31/Jan 1/Jan 2 Yay!

Mr Elbe: Scott said earlier they were waiting on a few final cars to be done to be shipped together - 13 are being shipped together. Did yours finish production?

I agree, I have been very excited for the weird weather. What I meant was that everything else (ie. bank and insurance company) is also on holiday haha. It's impossible to get a hold of them.

I actually like getting a car now. I am off work until Jan 5 so I have a few days to play with my new car. There is no snow this year so we can drive it in pretty good conditions.

Either way this is an extreme first world problem, especially when said car costs $140k+

My car is still in purgatory as per dashboard - "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S. "

- - - Updated - - -

I talked to Scott too, he pinged my car and it's currently in Phoenix, Arizona. My insurance company is being annoying though so I might be delayed by my insurance company even if they car gets here. Such a bad timing to get a car.

Had no problem setting up my insurance. Only thing is that because of the high value including HST, the minimum deductible is $ 7800.-
Send me a PM if you want more details.

I talked to Scott too, he pinged my car and it's currently in Phoenix, Arizona. My insurance company is being annoying though so I might be delayed by my insurance company even if they car gets here. Such a bad timing to get a car.

In Ontario you have 7 days to put a new car on your existing policy. There is a 7 day grace period. Hope that helps!

- - - Updated - - -

My car is still in purgatory as per dashboard - "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S. "

- - - Updated - - -

Had no problem setting up my insurance. Only thing is that because of the high value including HST, the minimum deductible is $ 7800.-
Send me a PM if you want more details.

Sorry to hear - ugh

Thanks guys, I definitely didn't know about the grace period. Will have to fight with my insurance company again. I really have no issue with the actual policy itself, I got pretty cheap insurance actually (~1.5k/year). But because of the high value, they need me to mail me an application and I have to mail them back instead of just going through the phone. It's all stupid timing issue and they wouldn't accept fax or email which I think is ridiculous. They actually told me to shop around for the delivery since they won't be able to process the application in time for delivery. So weird.

mrElbe: that is a crazy deductible. They didn't actually force me to get higher deductible (still had the choice of $1k or $2k). Also, I think you should probably call Scott to see what is going on with your car. He can ping the car to see if it's actually still in production. (I called him so much that he remembers my number now)

I got word that my car has finally left and is scheduled to be in Detroit on Dec 29. Then they will switch drivers (this is what I am told) and head on here. Hoping for a pick up on Dec 31/Jan 1/Jan 2 Yay!

Mr Elbe: Scott said earlier they were waiting on a few final cars to be done to be shipped together - 13 are being shipped together. Did yours finish production?

Mine must be on the same truck or convoy. I was told the same thing!

I think I'll drop in at Lawrence today to get some more definitive answers. No luck contacting Scott via email or phone message. Also when I am there I can drool when Osama takes delivery of his two vehicles.

- - - Updated - - -

With Intact Insurance they made my deductible $6900, 5% of the car's cost because it was over $100,000

Apparently with RBC insurance one of the crossover points is $ 150K. $ 100K - $150K = $ 4800.- deductible but then add HST and its over 150K = $ 7800.- deductible. Yearly premium cost = $ 1060.- . I have another vehicle and house and cottage insured with them also.

In Ontario you have 7 days to put a new car on your existing policy. There is a 7 day grace period. Hope that helps!
Are you sure??? In most of the country you have a 7 day grace period to change your registration, but ZERO for the insurance.

I can't speak for Ontario specifically, but I've never heard of such a thing, generally insurance must be done before you move an inch in the car.

Are you sure??? In most of the country you have a 7 day grace period to change your registration, but ZERO for the insurance.

I can't speak for Ontario specifically, but I've never heard of such a thing, generally insurance must be done before you move an inch in the car.

That is my understanding. I encourage others to contact their insurance companies.

See number 3 in the following link:
Five Common Car Insurance Questions Answered

Also, section 2.2 of the Ontario Automobile Owner's Policy regulation says it's 14 days!
https://www.fsco.gov.on.ca/en/auto/autobulletins/archives/Documents/a-07_00-3.pdf

In any case, check with your broker/insurance company to ensure it is applicable to your situation/policy.