Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who in Canada will order the new P85D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well after 27 days in production I'm finally out as well! Production complete today!! (63004)

Lets see how long it takes to get here... My DS says there is a LARGE contingent of cars coming right after the 25th/26th... so I might actually squeeze in before the new year. To be honest, I'm just glad there is some kind of confirmation that its been completed.

(Posted this in the Blackhole and P85D tracker threads as well)

Congrats Terapin :)

Congratz sundoc... I am still in the hole... T_T estimated delivery 28.. better be here then or else I will be MAD since I already paid for storage!

Well after 27 days in production I'm finally out as well! Production complete today!! (63004)

Lets see how long it takes to get here... My DS says there is a LARGE contingent of cars coming right after the 25th/26th... so I might actually squeeze in before the new year. To be honest, I'm just glad there is some kind of confirmation that its been completed.

Awesome, finally! Woot!

Have you guys got delivery configurations sent to you yet? My num is 64874 and my car completed production this past Monday or Tuesday. On Dec 17 I got an email of my Delivery Config and this file was also put into My Docs on My Tesla. My delivery date is Dec 30.

I am finally out of the hole this evening. I hope you guys are too!!!
Capture.PNG

Why is it that some folks are only in production for 3-4 days where others are taking weeks when we have ordered very similar vehicles? I'm think my order is pretty much the same as mrElbe and sataponw - I have pretty much all of the options except the third row of seats.

Crossposted from the delivery thread:

Spoke to the Toronto store about my delivery- apparently they have about 70 cars they were expecting over the next few days. Apparently a large chunk of them are in Detroit, and they cannot arrange transportation because of a large incoming storm and apparently no one wants to agree to transport them given the incoming weather. He said they had been expecting to deliver a large number of cars in the next few days, but will *not* be able to deliver most of them in that time period, mine included. He said a few are trickling in, and they are burning up the phone lines to try to get trucks to deliver the rest - but it sounded pretty dismally difficult.

In my case, they can't tell me where my car is, or even if it has left the factory. They are being told in small batches where cars are, but none of the information my delivery centre has includes my car. They were hoping to hear more later. I had a delivery date of the 27th, but that seems very unlikely.

I find it mind boggling that this is how deliveries are handled. It's really frustrating to be the customer in this delivery black hole - if I knew what was going on it would be easier to accept the delays. My car may still even be at the factory at this point - or it may be stuck in Detroit.

Shucks.

As near as I can tell this "large incoming storm" consists of rain and high winds. For this time of year that is no big deal in the Great Lakes region and you could almost consider that better than average weather since the temp is not going to be below the freezing point until Sunday. Detroit to Toronto is only 400km - you can even do that with a fully charged P85!

Detroit to Toronto is only 400km - you can even do that with a fully charged P85!

Not in winter you can't.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it mind boggling that this is how deliveries are handled. It's really frustrating to be the customer in this delivery black hole - if I knew what was going on it would be easier to accept the delays. My car may still even be at the factory at this point - or it may be stuck in Detroit.

Shucks.

It's always been this way. There are huge logistics involved in shipping all these cars, and Tesla depends on third party freight companies that don't provide real-time tracking. If you think about it, that is normal for freight. We've just gotten to used to UPS and FedEx package services. A car isn't overnighted in a box.

Not in winter you can't..
But it isn't winter weather right now. The temperature in Toronto over the next 24 hours will range between 5-8 and the forecast for Windsor is two degrees warmer from 7-10. That is more fall/spring like conditions. And I thought that the range for a Tesla is only reduced when you get going - once you are cruising I thought the consumption was similar to any other time of year. Victoria Park Avenue is exit 376 - which means it is 376 km from Detroit. Add in another few km to get down to Lawrence and you are at about 380.

Interesting, I called Scott today to ask about the draft and quickly asked about the delivery, he didn't really tell me much whether it would be delayed or not. I am sure that's because he knew that I will not be happy because I asked for the car to be delayed, and he told me they won't be able to keep the car there at the service centre for a week (which is totally not true because the website definitely said that you have to pick up within 10 days). I didn't want to cause any issue so I didn't push it and had to rent a storage unit for the car. If it is delayed now, I would not be happy since I have been trying to figure out the logistic of picking up the car for the whole month.

And I thought that the range for a Tesla is only reduced when you get going - once you are cruising I thought the consumption was similar to any other time of year. Victoria Park Avenue is exit 376 - which means it is 376 km from Detroit. Add in another few km to get down to Lawrence and you are at about 380.

No, that is simply wrong. You will get a 10%-20% hit on range even after the car has warmed up, depending on how cold it is. The main reason is that cold air is denser, and aerodynamic drag is the dominant impact on range at highway speeds.

The preheating penalty is on top of that.